Poll

Someone has started a petition to the POTUS to allow Louisiana to secede peacefully from the union.

Good.  I'll sign it.
4 (36.4%)
I'll sign it and start a petition for my state.
7 (63.6%)
Go back home and be a good boy.
0 (0%)
I am a coward, I would never sign anything like that.
0 (0%)
It is divisive.
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Author Topic: W H I T E H O U S E - DOT - GOV - P E T I T I O N  (Read 7313 times)

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 612
W H I T E H O U S E - DOT - GOV - P E T I T I O N
« on: November 10, 2012, 07:36:02 PM »
Someone has started a petition to allow Louisiana to secede from the union.  I like that. That would cause me to move back in a heartbeat.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/peacefully-grant-state-louisiana-withdraw-united-states-america-and-create-its-own-new-government/1wrvtngl

No kiddin'.  On the Whitehouse.gov website.  It's a chance to at least embarrass them when they show up at work late Monday morning.  5,609 signatures so far.  Need a few more.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Timothy

Re: W H I T E H O U S E - DOT - GOV - P E T I T I O N
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2012, 07:38:24 PM »
I can guarantee two votes and a paw print from my family...

Rastus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2012, 07:41:44 PM »
Also one up for Texas now to sign.

Timothy

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2012, 08:02:31 PM »
I'm 5835...wifes asleep already..

tombogan03884

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2012, 08:58:43 PM »
"A whitehouse.gov account is required to sign Petitions."

Is this a legitimate petition or just a place for potential trouble makers to register for their mental health treatment ?
Another thing to bear in mind is that even if it is legit only La voters need apply.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 08:57:34 AM »

Timothy

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2012, 09:03:22 PM »
We're Vets Tom, they already know where we are and that we probably don't support their agenda!

I signed it...let em come and find me...first trailer, second row with the unmowed, unraked, unkempt lawn... ;D

Rastus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2012, 06:51:25 AM »
While we still have a little free speech, or the illusion thereof, I'll not fear mouthing off a bit.

When the economy tanks and the "have-nots" who voted for him start rioting they'll crack down and that's a good time to not say anything.  Let the sheep get slaughtered and realize the error of their ways.

Rastus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2012, 03:21:56 PM »
Looks like everyone is getting in on the act.  Picked up 4k signatures for Louisiana overnight. 

tombogan03884

« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2012, 02:55:29 PM »
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/secission-petitions-filed-20-states-190210006.html

In the wake of last week's presidential election, thousands of Americans have signed petitions seeking permission for their states to peacefully secede from the United States. The petitions were filed on We the People, a government website.

States with citizens filing include Alabama, Arkansas, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Oregon, South Carolina, Tennessee and Texas. Oddly, folks from Georgia have filed twice. Even stranger, several of the petitions come from states that went for President Barack Obama.

The petitions are short and to the point. For example, a petition from the Volunteer State reads: "Peacefully grant the State of Tennessee to withdraw from the United States of America and create its own NEW government." Of all the petitions, Texas has the most signatures so far, with more than 23,000.

Of course, this is mostly a symbolic gesture. The odds of the American government granting any state permission to go its own way are on par with winning the lottery while getting hit by a meteor while seeing Bigfoot while finding gluten-free pizza that tastes like the real thing.

An article from WKRC quotes a University of Louisville political science professor who explained that these petitions aren't uncommon. Similar petitions were filed following the 2004 and 2008 elections. Still, should the petitions garner 25,000 signatures in a month, they will require an official response from the Obama administration.

From the We the People site:

The right to petition your government is guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution. We the People provides a new way to petition the Obama Administration to take action on a range of important issues facing our country. We created We the People because we want to hear from you. If a petition gets enough support, White House staff will review it, ensure it's sent to the appropriate policy experts, and issue an official response.

The people who support these may be well intentioned but you don't ask for permission to leave.
They should be more focused on gaining support in the state , hand the Feds an accomplished fact and tell them to pound sand.

McGyver

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2012, 06:08:16 PM »
Done deal for Texas!

"The petition to "Peacefully grant the State of Texas to withdraw from the United States of America and create its own NEW government," was submitted on Friday of last week. Just three days later, it zoomed past the 25,000 mark at 3:22 p.m. today and kept going."

(Quote is from ABCNEWS website frontpage, sorry but link will not copy and paste!)

"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learnt something from yesterday."
On John Wayne's Tombstone

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk