Author Topic: Elite Tactical Unit  (Read 6801 times)

RTFM

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life member 2015
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Elite Tactical Unit
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2013, 06:19:20 PM »
I will take shows that stink SUK for $300 Alex......

Fixed.

Glad to see I'm not the only one that thinks ETA is Smelly Dead Fish on arrival.
Sorry Mike this one blows chunks.

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2013, 07:10:21 PM »

Fixed.

Glad to see I'm not the only one that thinks ETA is Smelly Dead Fish on arrival.
Sorry Mike this one blows chunks.

Link not working for me....I'll have to wait for the book to come out  ;D ;D
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

WatchManUSA

• NRA Life Member - Join the NRA!
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2013, 07:48:34 PM »
No worse than any other program of this type.  My only request is that we get rid of the clowns with the professional voice that exaggerates everything.
Let me modulate my voice down an octave or so.  THERE - NOW - DO - I - SOUND - NAT-URAL?  I actually do freelance voice over work and this show sounds like a it was done by an armature VO talent and writers.

Tell me Micheal Bane isn't involved with this show.  I would hate to insult his work.
"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it, misdiagnosing it and then misapplying the wrong remedies." (Groucho Marx)

tombogan03884

« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2013, 07:53:33 PM »
I haven't seen the show and the link just takes me to the still photo of some woman singing a shitty song .
But even if MB were involved, he's turned out enough winners that one dud won't hurt his reputation.

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1099
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2013, 08:21:08 PM »
I saw it.......... and well, I can honestly say that I saw it.

"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 10:21:06 PM »

jnevis

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2013, 08:51:09 PM »
Not the worst show I've ever watched, but WAY over dramatic.

That said some of that stuff would have kicked my a$$ when I was in shape.
When seconds mean the difference between life and death, the police will be minutes away.

You are either SOLVING the problem, or you ARE the problem.

Michael Bane

• Global Moderator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Host & Editor-in-chief
    • michaelBane.tv
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2013, 08:57:51 PM »
I wrote the original script for ETU, which Mr. Hawke chose to mostly ignore...as was his option.

I am Executive Producer (that means the guy in charge of) of 4 shows, SHOOTING GALLERY, THE BEST DEFENSE, RAPID FIRE and GUN STORIES.

ETU was produced by my partner for TBD, GUN STORIES and RAPID FIRE, Tim Cremin, and I wish him all the best with the series. The ratings will tell the story. The intent of the series is to reach beyond our endemic audience, and I truly hope it succeeds.

mb
Michael Bane, Majordomo @ MichaelBane.TV

wtr100

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2013, 02:23:42 PM »
'saw' it again while sorting brass with the boys - wasn't too bad - so long as it doesn't get to 'survivor' along the way
Have your musket clean as a whistle, hatchet scoured, 60 rounds powder and ball and be ready to march at a minute's warning.

Grizzle_Bear

• Very Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2013, 11:11:30 AM »
Serious Comment Alert:

These people are supposed to be on SWAT teams?

It looked to me as only a couple of them could even shoot, which I would think would be the primary skill required.

Or maybe kicking in doors or stomping on kittens  is more important.

GB

RTFM

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life member 2015
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2013, 08:14:57 AM »
I wrote the original script for ETU, which Mr. Hawke chose to mostly ignore...as was his option.

I am Executive Producer (that means the guy in charge of) of 4 shows, SHOOTING GALLERY, THE BEST DEFENSE, RAPID FIRE and GUN STORIES.

ETU was produced by my partner for TBD, GUN STORIES and RAPID FIRE, Tim Cremin, and I wish him all the best with the series. The ratings will tell the story. The intent of the series is to reach beyond our endemic audience, and I truly hope it succeeds.

mb

Mike, if you only wrote the original script, and have nothing to do with production of this trash heap of a "show" why is it still coming to me in my weekly email updates from - and also on the main page of http://www.downrange.tv/blog/ ?

I just happen to see it on my weekly email update from Downrange and remembered your reply here about not having anything to do with it since.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk