Author Topic: Comcast joins the enemy  (Read 2784 times)

tombogan03884

Comcast joins the enemy
« on: February 19, 2013, 02:20:05 PM »

Frosty

• Top Forum Member
  • Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Comcast joins the enemy
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2013, 02:40:03 PM »
I have been thinking about dropping comcrap for some time now, mainly because they keep charging more and more for crap. I guess I'll pull the plug sooner rather than later after I search for another provider. Hopefully Century link will work, any problem with Century Link? The wife works from home and is on the computer and phone all day long, hopefully they meet internet requirements she needs for work.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of the President represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people.  On some great and glorious day, the plain folks of the land will reach their heart’s desire at last, and the White House will be occupied by a downright fool and a complete narcissistic moron.”  H.L. Mencken, The Baltimore Evening Sun,  July 26, 1920.

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 471
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2013, 05:12:56 PM »

Friends don't let friends do Comcast.
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

Timothy

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2013, 05:24:50 PM »
I have no other good choice here.  They have a contract with the town! 

DirectTV but don't want to go that route...

Respen33

• Packing IT guy
  • Forum Member
  • What round is 30 rounds if you cant hit the paper.
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2013, 06:42:43 PM »
Wow...for once I am glad we have FIOS.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. When the government fears the people, there is liberty. - Thomas Jefferson

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 01:36:50 PM »

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2013, 04:48:30 PM »
Comcasts parent Company is NBC...... They are my only provider for internet only. I will be looking for another satellite internet provider or go back to DSL, and dropping their sorry ass's.

Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

fatbaldguy

• Top Forum Member
  • Friends, don't let friends, shop Wal-Mart
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2013, 06:53:40 PM »
I don't 'do' cable.  Hell, I don't 'do' television.
“It will be of little avail to the people that the laws are made by men of their own choice if the laws be so voluminous that they cannot be read, or so incoherent that they cannot be understood.”

James Madison

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2013, 08:00:03 PM »
Comcast is the parent company, not NBC.

And Comcast has always been our enemy, they - like so many others - are just now being very blatant about their repressive desires.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2013, 08:05:10 PM »
Comcast is the parent company, not NBC.

And Comcast has always been our enemy, they - like so many others - are just now being very blatant about their repressive desires.

Your right Path, I was having a dyslexic bass ackwards keyboard failure. They merged in 2010.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-12-25/merger-made-comcast-strong-u-s-web-users-weak.html

On a gray day in February 2010, Brian Roberts sat facing the U.S. Senate Judiciary Committee’s antitrust subcommittee. The panel was holding its first hearing on a proposed merger between two of the country’s most powerful media companies, the cable distribution giant Comcast Corp. and the entertainment conglomerate NBC Universal.

Roberts, the chief executive officer of Comcast, was a calm and friendly witness. If the Justice Department’s Antitrust Division and the Federal Communications Commission approved the merger, Comcast’s future as the largest distributor of information in the country would be assured.

Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

tombogan03884

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2013, 09:22:45 PM »
I hope the first ad they dumped was Armalite.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk