Author Topic: You want to use facts and civil discussion to defend your gun rights ?  (Read 4301 times)

tombogan03884

Many on here have insisted that we be civil, and rely on the facts to defend our gun rights .
In light of the following article I have to say they are fools.
The only acceptable answer the left seems capable of understanding is
 "F*ck you, if you try to take my guns I will kill you."

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/03/08/sen-feinstein-makes-bizarre-claim-to-push-gun-control-at-hearing-its-legal-to-hunt-humans-with-high-capacity-magazines/

During a Senate Judiciary Committee hearing on gun control Thursday, Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) shot down a proposed amendment to her “assault weapons” ban that would exempt military veterans from the gun ban. She also made some questionable claims.

Pushing a ban on high-capacity magazines, Feinstein argued that it is “legal to hunt humans with 15-round, 30-round, even 150-round magazines.”

Here’s her dubious rationale:

“The time has come, America, to step up and ban these weapons. The other very important part of this bill is to ban large capacity ammunition feeding devices, those that hold more than 10 rounds. We have federal regulations and state laws that prohibit hunting ducks with more than three rounds. And yet it’s legal to hunt humans with 15-round, 30-round, even 150-round magazines. Limiting magazine capacity is critical because it is when a criminal, a drug dealer, a deranged individual has to pause to change magazines and reload that the police or brave bystanders have the opportunity to take that individual down.”

During the same hearing, she also argued that a military veteran could be mentally ill and suffering from Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), therefore should be prevented from buying the semi-automatic weapons that would be banned in her bill.

The California Democrat also made the bizarre claim that the “advent of PTSD” is a “new phenomenon” and a “product of the Iraq war.”

Here’s exactly what she said in context: “The problem with expanding this is that, you know, with the advent of PTSD, which I think is a new phenomenon as a product of the Iraq War, it’s not clear how the seller or transferrer of a firearm covered by this bill would verify that an individual was a member, or a veteran, and that there was no impairment of that individual with respect to having a weapon like this.”

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>VIDEO AT LINK<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 908
Feinstein is an idiot, and even gun banners recognize that.  That is the reason they don't rally around her.

Do we roll in the gutter with Feinstein and rant lies, or do we take the high road with defendable positions?
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

tombogan03884

You can "roll in the gutter" with real facts too.
The important questions is do you want to win now or spend the next several years living in a foxhole ?
Or just bend over and take it ?

kmitch200

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
We have federal regulations and state laws that prohibit hunting ducks with more than three rounds. And yet it’s legal to hunt humans with 15-round, 30-round, even 150-round magazines.

Hunting humans is legal??
Is there a license needed? Do I need to enter a lottery like the big game draw in AZ or just an over the counter tag?

DiFi is dumb enough to know what the short bus windows taste like.
You can say lots of bad things about pedophiles; but at least they drive slowly past schools.

Ichiban

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Actually, I think she is talking about limiting magazine capacity for LEOs.  Who else can legally hunt humans?

Sponsor

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 908
She's just ranting.  One of these days they are going to find a Wander Guard that she can't slip and get out of the dementia unit.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
Actually, I think she is talking about limiting magazine capacity for LEOs.  Who else can legally hunt humans?

Have to include the military in that also.

I guess she envisions troops hauling around a LOT of 10 round ammo belts
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

tombogan03884

A gunner on a Dillon minigun is going to be one busy SOB.  ;D

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
You can "roll in the gutter" with real facts too.
The important questions is do you want to win now or spend the next several years living in a foxhole ?
Or just bend over and take it ?
Hell yeah! When it comes to issues like this (politically speaking, or even litterally speaking), I'quite content to get down in the gutter and roll around in the mud and the blood and the beer and stick something for the cause. Its Drop Kick Murphy's rules as far as she's concerned. I have no sympathy for that woman.

tombogan03884

The proper tactics now are to call them on their lies and misrepresentations publicly and frequently.
Breaking up their meetings and beating up their candidates is also a good idea.
If they want to use Nazi, and Communist tactics that's fine.
But they need to learn that 2 can play that game.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk