Author Topic: 16 Senators who Voted for Gun Control  (Read 7856 times)

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: 16 Senators who Voted for Gun Control
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2013, 05:07:42 PM »
And if nine of these yahoos had voted no this bill would be dead. I want no more lectures about voting GOP. If this is what you get, what's the point. I'm back to voting L. I'd rather "throw my vote away" than give it to a judas. Though if enough of us start doing this, it won't be thrown away will it?

Sadly, The "Republican/RINO Party" is rapidly accelerating into the Dead Elephant Party, A Conservative portion is also quickly fracturing away from the stench.

Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1079
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2013, 05:39:03 PM »
I just emailed both of my senators (yes, lower case 's' for a reason) and included a copy of letters that they sent me two months ago that stated that they would not support any gun control measure.

>:(

"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2013, 05:42:39 PM »
I just emailed both of my senators (yes, lower case 's' for a reason) and included a copy of letters that they sent me two months ago that stated that they would not support any gun control measure.

>:(

tell 'em you'll vote for any Dem or Libertarian that runs against them. Better to endure a Dem for a few years and send the message that voting anti-gun is the kiss of death. Some things we can agree to disagree on. This ain't one of them.

PegLeg45

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2013, 05:47:47 PM »
tell 'em you'll vote for any Dem or Libertarian that runs against them. Better to endure a Dem for a few years and send the message that voting anti-gun is the kiss of death. Some things we can agree to disagree on. This ain't one of them.

Chambliss says he isn't running again....we'll see.......
I told Isakson (in a polite manner) that I'd vote for an actual jackass before I'd ever vote for him again........and that I was spreading the info on his flip to anyone who'd listen.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

PegLeg45

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2013, 06:01:26 PM »
This is what Chambliss posted on his FB page:

A few moments ago, I voted to bring S. 649, the Firearms bill, to the Senate floor for debate.

I am very much opposed to any bill that would infringe on the Second Amendment rights of law-abiding Americans. In my opinion, the underlying bill being debated on the Senate floor violates those constitutional rights.

That said, this is a national issue that deserves a thorough Senate debate. I am not afraid to engage in this debate, and I will continue to stand up for Americans’ Second Amendment rights.

I replied:

It would have shown greater backbone to have just stood your ground and said the Second Amendment is "un-debatable".

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 12:35:43 PM »

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2013, 07:16:53 PM »
Yep, and good for you. If he and 7 others had manned up and voted no, this would have been over. Tell him that if this passes the Senate, your vote is gone for good.

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2013, 07:40:54 PM »
Good call Peg,....

Your side of the street is clean,....much easier if the shooting starts.
Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

santahog

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2013, 10:43:09 PM »
(New) Party Time.. 
With friends like these, who needs hallucinations!..

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2013, 11:03:48 PM »
Yep. The last twenty odd years of my voting life I have chosen between the 2 major parties. What do I have to show for it? I have voted for the leser of two evils ( or the greater of two evils in BO's case, but in my defense McCain voted for this gun bill). But the point is that I am sick of it. I am sick of these people. No more. I have been betrayed and screwed by the Dems and the GOP. I hope the door does hit me in the ass on the way out. I AM GONE. Too much is enough. I will no longer vote for folks who will screw me. Please join me in voting LIbertarian. At least you can trust them as they don't give a rat's ass what you think and will tell you that to your face. ;D

philw

• Top Forum Member
  • Aussie Aussie Aussie, Oi Oi Oi
    • Australian Hunting Net
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2013, 11:12:13 PM »
is that the list of Senators that will be looking for a new job come the next election ??
Here’s to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They’re not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo. You can praise them, disagree with them, quote them, disbelieve them, glorify or vilify them. The only thing you can’t do is ignore them

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk