Author Topic: Mental Health  (Read 4603 times)

philw

• Top Forum Member
  • Aussie Aussie Aussie, Oi Oi Oi
    • Australian Hunting Net
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Mental Health
« on: April 12, 2013, 12:25:59 AM »
now being a few months after the recent events :(    I have not heard much being mentioned about the Core issues IMO that need to be dealt with 

and they seem instead on going on about ban this take away that..  like what happened here :-/

Here’s to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They’re not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo. You can praise them, disagree with them, quote them, disbelieve them, glorify or vilify them. The only thing you can’t do is ignore them

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
Re: Mental Health
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2013, 12:52:35 AM »
THat is always how it works.    its a very hard issue to fix, but blaming a object is easy and makes them look like they are doing something.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

philw

• Top Forum Member
    • Australian Hunting Net
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2013, 01:23:07 AM »
i am aware of that   as a gun can be seen

mental health is not able to be seen

however IT CAN NOT BE FORGOTTEN  and like over here  something needs to be done to help people more
Here’s to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They’re not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo. You can praise them, disagree with them, quote them, disbelieve them, glorify or vilify them. The only thing you can’t do is ignore them

ellis4538

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2013, 01:50:46 AM »
Phil, by banning guns that will HELP us all!

Richard
Used to be "The only thing to FEAR was FEAR ITSELF", nowadays "The only thing to FEAR is GETTING CAUGHT!"

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2013, 02:33:49 AM »
The sad thing about mental health is there is no "line in the sand"  that says some one is a danger or not.  I have known more then a few people that have taken thier own lives.  I dId not think any of then were crazy or did not deserve a gun( non used a gun to do it btw)   most of them were at end of life, and had nothing but days/ weeks of pain to look forward too.  Infact I don't think ending ones life when that is what you have to look forward too is crazy or a bad thing.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 02:10:49 AM »

1Buckshot

• Monty Lucht
  • Top Forum Member
  • COMMENCE FIRING
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2013, 09:03:21 AM »
In fact I don't think ending ones life when that is what you have to look forward too is crazy or a bad thing.

+10000000

I don't agree with you very often Tab but you are right on with this.

tombogan03884

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2013, 02:26:39 PM »
They used to lock up the "Criminally insane" but the ACLU got a court ruling that such "warehousing" violated the rights of the homicidal maniacs .

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2013, 05:54:41 PM »
The way the proposed legislation is being worded, it bypasses HIPPA, and other already on the books medical privacy laws, and incorporates ANY psychological counseling/treatment that one needs, into the hands of those who will kick in your door and take your guns.

Check NY,...it's already happening....OBTW, its the lawful gun owners,....not the BG's....

Imagine that....

Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

philw

• Top Forum Member
    • Australian Hunting Net
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2013, 08:28:52 PM »
Hmmm just thought this might be another way they can use to take away firearms. 

And another thing that has to be watched incase they start taking them away under mental health acts. 

They can here in aust

tombogan03884

« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2013, 09:07:04 PM »
Similar laws in Nazi Germany lead to gas chambers.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk