Author Topic: what did santa bring you???  (Read 5480 times)

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
Re: what did santa bring you???
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2013, 01:50:46 PM »
i think a case of 556 would pay off my house.      the price of ammo has really made a huge dent in my shooting.   not too long ago a box of 45 acp was $10 and  so was a brick of 22s.   no longer :(     a range trip is an easy $100 now.     if not more.   
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1079
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2013, 09:43:20 PM »
I got a nice range case for my AR (I refuse to call it a "tactical case")....... Got a new study Bible and some books I've wanted plus various other items like boots and some Dremel tool accessory kits that I asked for.

Having served as a pallbearer at a life-long family friend and neighbor's funeral less than a week ago, and the fact that he was only 52, put things into clear perspective......
I was just thankful and happy to have my family here and healthy for Christmas....that was my biggest gift of all.

**EDIT**
I just used an Amazon gift card to order an aluminum 4-rail handguard with rubber covers, a single-point sling, and a set of aluminum flip up sights for my AR......cost me a whopping .78 cents total.  :D
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1149
« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2013, 10:52:53 PM »
My gift to myself was 3 new books in the last month. I'm starting the last one tonight. I spent Christmas Eve at my mom's house. That was gift enough for me.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

lhprop1

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2013, 02:50:53 AM »
I got a nice wireless weather station and a few other odds and ends.

I got little Odin a toy MP5.  I figured that they aren't going to be selling toy guns much longer the way things are going, so I'd better get it for him now, even though he's only 2. 

I'm thinking 5 is a proper age for his first .22 depending on his maturity.   
Bravery and stupidity are often synonymous.  So are cowardice and intelligence.

"We Americans have been a rebellious band of freedom loving vagabonds from the very beginning. Our freedom from the crown and tyranny would not exist had it not been for the gun. That's a tradition we like to hold on to.  The same can't be said for the rest of you 'Subjects of the Queen'."--said to a Canadian friend who just doesn't get it.

tombogan03884

« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2013, 03:56:42 PM »
5 DVD's.
The first season of Hogan's Hero's.  ;D

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 09:47:01 PM »

crusader rabbit

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 26
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2013, 07:37:37 AM »
Bunny got me a nifty little gadget called a FitBit.

It is essentially a smart pedometer.  It hangs on my shirt and logs the number of steps I take during a 24-hour period, the number of calories I burn, the distance I walk, and more.  I can input any food I eat and water I drink to get a more precise reading.

And it all updates on my smart phone with graphs and stuff to keep me motivated about my training.

See, the thing is I hit the gym 5 or 6 days each week working out with weights, and three days adding in 45 minutes of treadmill, and I then rationalize an extra bit of dessert or a second serving at dinner because I have burned off so many calories.  Then I am totally mystified about why my weight loss program isn't working as well as I'd like. 

This holiday season I've managed to gain 6 lbs. that I neither want nor need.  Most of that has been taters and gravy, cookies, several types of cake, and copious amounts of adult beverages.  All those foods are mostly gone, now and we're on the road back to "normal" eating. 

Last night, Bunny and I just trashed two boxes of assorted chocolates after mutually deciding they weren't worth the calories.  See, I can resist almost anything except temptation.

I'm hoping this little gadget will assist in getting me back started in the other direction.

Crusader Rabbit
“I’ve lived the literal meaning of the ‘land of the free’ and ‘home of the brave.’ It’s not corny for me. I feel it in my heart. I feel it in my chest. Even at a ball game, when someone talks during the anthem or doesn’t take off his hat, it pisses me off. I’m not one to be quiet about it, either.”  Chris Kyle

red364

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2013, 02:57:06 PM »
I got a pretty cool grumpy cat shirt.

Conagher 45

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2013, 12:12:56 PM »
My wife got me Phil Robertson's book Happy.. Happy.. Happy and Si's book  Si-ology.

Looking forward to some good reading between reloading batches of 9mm this winter.  ;D
There is room for all of God's creatures ....., That would be on my plate right next to the taters and gravy.

Conagher 45

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2013, 12:17:12 PM »
Almost forgot .. Santa dropped a Glock gen.4 23 off too. ;D
There is room for all of God's creatures ....., That would be on my plate right next to the taters and gravy.

santahog

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2013, 02:41:56 AM »
Got a pretty good fever, complete with a fever blister that doesn't like being shaved, some sort of respiratory infection, and not a soul to hand me the remote when I whimpered..  :-\
With friends like these, who needs hallucinations!..

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk