Author Topic: American Glocks  (Read 9278 times)

garand4life

• Top Forum Member
    • My Blog
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
American Glocks
« on: January 07, 2014, 12:29:57 PM »
Just picked up a Glock I had ordered and noticed that it was stamped USA on the slide. I haven't seen this before but I'm being told that Glocks have been in production in Georgia for a while. I've bought several gen 4 Glocks over the last year but have never seen these markings or the little Georgias. The only time I've seen them were in the announcements of the 41 & 42.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
"If you know your enemy is bringing a gun to the fight, bring 2..."
http://www.youtube.com/natetinstman  -
Save $10 on your NRA membership by going to http://garand4life.wordpress.com

2HOW

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
Re: American Glocks
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2014, 01:34:33 PM »
So what is the implication ?
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

tombogan03884

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2014, 01:47:18 PM »
So what is the implication ?

I don't think that he's "implying" anything, just seems to be wondering if this is something new Glock has started doing .

garand4life

• Top Forum Member
    • My Blog
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2014, 01:56:54 PM »
Tom's absolutely right. I was not implying anything about the quality or lack thereof. Just curious when they started putting those roll marks on them. I think that's the coolest possible thing, to have a Glock made in America. It brings me back to enjoying American-made guns with an Austrian heritage. But, to my initial question, is there something new about the fact that these are coming marked made in America?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
"If you know your enemy is bringing a gun to the fight, bring 2..."
http://www.youtube.com/natetinstman  -
Save $10 on your NRA membership by going to http://garand4life.wordpress.com

mkm

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2014, 02:05:52 PM »
I've always thought Glock couldn't sell the .380 models here because they don't meet import criteria. If Glock is planning to release a new .380 model here, they will likely have to make it in the US. It makes sense that they would start manufacturing other popular models in Georgia too.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 01:23:31 PM »

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2014, 03:16:47 PM »
Correct about the 380....importation rules.

That is also the reason Glocks arrrive with el cheapo adjustable sights.   To the folks who make those rules, adjustable sights must be for target shooting and fixed sights are for robbing banks.

Only concern might be the loss of the Tenifer treatment.   Last I heard it would not pass EPA muster and I don't know if an equivalent treatment is available.
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

1Buckshot

• Monty Lucht
  • Top Forum Member
  • COMMENCE FIRING
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2014, 04:35:50 PM »
There is a possibility they are not making the slides here so the problem with the Tenifer might not be a problem. I'm Shure that all they would do is to make the frame here and assemble the parts to make it pass. By the way, Gallery of guns have been selling USA only Glocks for about a year on there web sight.

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 460
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2014, 04:15:35 AM »
Only concern might be the loss of the Tenifer treatment.   Last I heard it would not pass EPA muster and I don't know if an equivalent treatment is available.

That would be my worry as well. I'm not trying to start the whole, "Tennifer vs. Melonite" argument again. But in all fairness you never hear about Glock's rusting like you do XD's or M&P's.

Sean LeMasters

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2014, 02:59:56 PM »
We had some questions come up at the gun store I work at and from what we can gather none of the USA Glock's have the Tenifer treatment because of the EPA.

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2014, 03:14:39 PM »
We had some questions come up at the gun store I work at and from what we can gather none of the USA Glock's have the Tenifer treatment because of the EPA.

Were you able to verify that the slides were manufactured here? 

Not sure about how an imported group of parts, slide and other tenifer treated parts, meet any 'rules' if the frame, by law, the firearm is manufactured here and the complete firearm is assembled here.
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk