Author Topic: Washington Post weighs in on D.C. gun ban  (Read 4097 times)

ericire12

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Washington Post weighs in on D.C. gun ban
« on: June 02, 2008, 07:15:46 PM »
Too much spin.... gonna throw up.... too much spin....

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/05/30/AR2008053002374.html

This summer, D.C. police officers are planning to carry semiautomatic rifles while on patrol. D.C. Police Chief Cathy Lanier says: "We want to be prepared. I want officers to have what they need to be safe." At the same time, the U.S. Supreme Court is deciding a challenge to the District's handgun ban. In that case, a D.C. resident uses a similar rationale: He wants to pack a handgun at home for personal safety. If the high court nullifies the handgun law before it adjourns this month, the summer of 2008 could be quite scary, with both police and citizenry arming themselves with new firearms.

Some will see "packing" as a necessary response to a sadly violent society. But my belief is that a race to arms would be toxic madness.

Tolerating a proliferation of privately owned pistols will endanger police and residents alike and undercut courageous nonviolence program such as Peaceoholics, the Alliance of Concerned Men and others. Block by block, home by home, we need to implement calming tactics -- not deadly self-help.
Everything I needed to learn in life I learned from Country Music.

Bill Stryker

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
Re: Washington Post weighs in on D.C. gun ban
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2008, 07:28:21 PM »
So now we know who the idiots were that have no respect for the Constitution. No surprise there -- they are elite lefty lawyers and judges. But we knew that already.

Nice to see the confession in print.

brosometal

• Top Forum Member
  • Still a Grade A 1 smart donkey! DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2008, 07:32:15 PM »
I have been on vacation and am a bit tired, however this is the last thing I read and I have just about had enough leftist bullsh!t.  First, the Washington Post is not worth the paper it is printed on.  Second, the whole those who don't remember their history are doomed to repeat it should be enough.  Hell, they don't have to remember anything more than last year's crime statistics.  Correct me if I am wrong but wasn't all the gun crime commited by criminals? It would seem that they just don't abide by the very restrictive gun laws already in place.

Washington (com)Post:  Please keep goosestepping to Hitler's drum beat because armed citizens are the problem in DC.

I guess this goes back to the whole death of Common Sense thread.  

The person who has nothing for which his is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.
- J.S. Mill

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2008, 07:45:53 PM »
Don't ya just love it.

The author calls for more "kitchen table brain storming" but doesn't have a way to comment on his nonsense article.
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

DDMac

• Proudly Bald On
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2008, 08:20:40 PM »
Notice to DC Police: You will NOT be attacked by law abiding gun owners. Feel free to defend yourselves when necessary.

Notice to law abiding citizens of DC: If you are unlawfully attacked by the DC Police, feel free to defend yourselves when necessary.

Do we understand each other?? That's how it works in the States. I believe you will like it too.

Mac.
Standing up for your Right to lay down suppressive fire since 1948!

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 11:36:23 AM »

Jkwas

• Very Active Forum Member
    • Jkwas
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2008, 03:34:54 PM »
What's so wrong with deadly self help?  ???

ericire12

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2008, 03:39:47 PM »
What's so wrong with deadly self help?  ???

It doesnt go along with the hippie's "can't we all just get along" way of thinking.
Everything I needed to learn in life I learned from Country Music.

blackwolfe

• A Simple Man
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2008, 09:58:51 PM »
If DC is "secured by more armed and trained police than anywhwere else in the country" then how come the crime rate is so high?
The Washington post and the author make me ill.
"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. "    Abraham Lincoln

Wolfe

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2008, 10:27:52 PM »
Its sad, :-[ 10 minutes from the foundation of the USA in DC, no one in their right mind would walk down sections of Georgetown without 2 pitbulls, a S&W 500, 2 1911's, a Rem. 1100, and an AR of some sort.

Those streets are worse than Manhattan! But the gun ban keeps the law abiding citizenry from carrying or owning arms, yet the punks and repeat criminals just don't seem to listen,,,, ???

Imagine That!
Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2008, 10:51:15 PM »
"hey I got a great idea guys"

"what is it?"

"lets make every officer carry a weapon that worth several thosand dallors on the street.  That way they won't be out gunned"

Really any guesses on how long it takes for some one to walk up behind a cop and put two in his head to get that ar for drugs or money to get drugs?
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk