Author Topic: Obama VP Choices? (Must watch!)  (Read 7865 times)

ericire12

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Obama VP Choices? (Must watch!)
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2008, 07:47:21 PM »
Does anyone have a legitamite source that sites it one way or another?

Read the constitution!
Everything I needed to learn in life I learned from Country Music.

Ron J

« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2008, 08:05:51 PM »
Read the constitution!

Came about a couple years after FDR with the 22nd Amendment.

tombogan03884

« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2008, 11:20:07 PM »
That brings up a good question.  Can a ex-President, who was in office for two consecutive terms, run again after not being President for a term or more?  I always thought that since the third and possibly fourth terms wern't consecutive with the first two, it was legal.  Does anyone have a legitamite source that sites it one way or another?

US Constitution. 

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2008, 05:44:36 AM »
Virginia Senator Jim Webb D-Va. Didn't he say he would have liked to slug Pres. Bush?, might have been somebody else,,

classy guy (heavy sarcasm added). He is on the "short list" according to a  PMSNBC's talking head.
Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

ericire12

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2008, 06:05:23 AM »
Came about a couple years after FDR with the 22nd Amendment.

You damn right. I love how the left goes on and on about how great FDR was when he was really nothing more then a communist in American clothing. My rebuttal is always this: "If he was so freaking wonderful, then why did we have to amend our constitution after FDR? There is a reason that so many wanted term limits for presidents after that guy had his turn in the oval office!"

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 10:48:29 PM »

jnevis

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2008, 06:58:31 AM »
22nd Amendment
Section 1. No person shall be elected to the office of the President more than twice, and no person who has held the office of President, or acted as President, for more than two years of a term to which some other person was elected President shall be elected to the office of the President more than once. But this Article shall not apply to any person holding the office of President when this Article was proposed by the Congress, and shall not prevent any person who may be holding the office of President, or acting as President, during the term within which this Article becomes operative from holding the office of President or acting as President during the remainder of such term.

Section 2. This article shall be inoperative unless it shall have been ratified as an amendment to the Constitution by the legislatures of three-fourths of the several States within seven years from the date of its submission to the States by the Congress.

It doesn't say they can't HOLD the office for more than two terms. 
I doubt that is a realistic situation anyway but scary none the less.  Matter of fact Slick Willie suggested modifying the Amendment to allow just that, a person to seek election after not ohlding the office twice, according to Wiki  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twenty-second_Amendment_to_the_United_States_Constitution
It also has a bit of discussion of the VP being a past President.
When seconds mean the difference between life and death, the police will be minutes away.

You are either SOLVING the problem, or you ARE the problem.

Ron J

« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2008, 08:58:56 AM »
Virginia Senator Jim Webb D-Va. Didn't he say he would have liked to slug Pres. Bush?, might have been somebody else,,

classy guy (heavy sarcasm added). He is on the "short list" according to a  PMSNBC's talking head.

Webb has military experience and was once a Republican that is now turned to the dark side.  Wonder if he still has his Confederate flag or if any of his two ex-wives will share some dirt?   He also says he supports the 2nd Amendment (has a CCW)… but B-HO said he supports the 2nd too. 

ericire12

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2008, 10:01:19 AM »
I nominate Keith Olbermann (D) to be his VP.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Ron J

« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2008, 11:31:46 PM »
Bro'O will pick someone that will be an "insurance policy" for him.  What I mean, he will pick someone that we would really hate to see takeover IF something happens to the president.  Sure, the logic is somewhat flawed because we already hate the idea of seeing B-HO as our President.  All the same ... my list of people that would be good insurance for him starts with Nancy Pelosi. 

tombogan03884

« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2008, 03:56:25 AM »
Bro'O will pick someone that will be an "insurance policy" for him.  What I mean, he will pick someone that we would really hate to see takeover IF something happens to the president.  Sure, the logic is somewhat flawed because we already hate the idea of seeing B-HO as our President.  All the same ... my list of people that would be good insurance for him starts with Nancy Pelosi. 

Anyone but Hilly will keep him from getting fostered, I mean shot.  ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk