Author Topic: Amend the Constitution  (Read 3694 times)

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 908
Amend the Constitution
« on: February 24, 2014, 11:11:33 AM »
How do you feel about amending the Constitution with this wording?

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms when serving in the militia shall not be infringed.

http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2014-02-20/gun-control-and-the-constitution-should-we-amend-the-second-amendment
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

mkm

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Amend the Constitution
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2014, 11:44:43 AM »
NO!

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2014, 12:54:01 PM »
As Michael points out in his blog, this article is penned by one of Nanny Bloomie's henchmen. And Stevens has apparently lost the brain cells that contained the information in the Federalist and Anti-Federalist Papers that make it pretty damn clear that the Founders of this country intended for every able-bodied man to own and use firearms.

Link to blog: http://michaelbane.blogspot.com/2014/02/what-did-you-do-on-national-margarita.html
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

tombogan03884

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2014, 01:45:03 PM »
Why bother amending it.
Those coc*su*kers never go by it any way.

lhprop1

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2014, 10:14:57 AM »
It doesn't make a lick of difference.  What he doesn't realize is that, by the founders' definition WE ARE THE MILITIA.  Whether standing in formation or sitting on our couch, we are the militia at all times.  A lot of these lazy, sissy bastards don't want to accept that fact.     
Bravery and stupidity are often synonymous.  So are cowardice and intelligence.

"We Americans have been a rebellious band of freedom loving vagabonds from the very beginning. Our freedom from the crown and tyranny would not exist had it not been for the gun. That's a tradition we like to hold on to.  The same can't be said for the rest of you 'Subjects of the Queen'."--said to a Canadian friend who just doesn't get it.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 07:22:06 PM »

Magoo541

• Bryan Munson
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2014, 09:36:35 AM »
To think this is an exalted example of Ivy -league-educated, Smarter-than-thou, Elitist that the main-stream media thinks is the solution to the world's problems.

I'm beyond weeping for my country, I'm down right pissed!  (Might be the T-booster talking this morning  ;D)
He who dares wins.  SAS

graywolf

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2014, 07:44:19 PM »
I think we should amend the Constitution where justices are selected "for life". Make their terms renewable say after 5 years.  If they have deviated from all the things they say they stand for when sitting for confirmation then they can be thrown out.  This will also result in a loss of all benefits and perks.  Let them go back to ambulance chasing. 
Hannibal ad portas  Hannibal is at the gates

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 471
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2014, 05:03:06 AM »

The right of every individual to own, keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 610
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2014, 05:57:25 AM »
The right of every individual to own, keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

I might change individual to citizen and at the same time tighten the definition of citizenship to exclude babies born here by parent(s) who scooted across the border to give their child citizenship or babies of diplomats or vacationing guests and outlaw plural citizenship. 
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

saltydogbk

• Better to die on my feet than live on my knees
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2014, 01:36:59 PM »
It reads just fine the way it is.  No change.  Lots of hope.
You can never have too many guns, or too much ammo

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk