Author Topic: Mixed feelings  (Read 6517 times)

DaverZ

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Mixed feelings
« on: February 26, 2014, 09:17:50 AM »
Yesterday was the first time I was at the range after my back surgery.I needed to try out my Ruger SR45 since I sent it back to Ruger for warranty work because of light primer strikes and was appaled.Sliding the slide back the take down pin falls out,then the upper pin holding the fire control group falls out and on top of that the slide wasn't locking back after the last round.The gun is actually worse than when I sent it in.After I finish this post I'm off to ship it back.I know every firearm producer spits out a lemon everyonce in a while no matter how good they are and I think this SR45 is one.I've been a big Ruger fan for a lot of years and I'm sure they will make it right,their costomer service is top notch.Now the wait begins.

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1078
Re: Mixed feelings
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2014, 03:19:33 PM »
Dang...hate to hear of the troubles.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

DaverZ

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2014, 03:56:45 PM »
as you can I was quite disappointed and actually somewhat dumbfounded,i couldn't believe it cause ruger has always been top knotch in my book.

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 471
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2014, 05:05:04 AM »
That's a sinking feeling.  Especially if you're a Ruger fan.

Mixed feelings?   That's when your teen-aged daughter stays out all night, but comes home in the morning clutching a Gideon Bible.

Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 605
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2014, 06:09:55 AM »
<snip>
Mixed feelings?   That's when your teen-aged daughter stays out all night, but comes home in the morning clutching a Gideon Bible.

That one is more like getting kicked in the stomach.  I'm glad I don't have daughters...I can only imagine and I don't like it.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 05:18:36 AM »

Magoo541

• Bryan Munson
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2014, 11:19:53 AM »
That one is more like getting kicked in the stomach.  I'm glad I don't have daughters...I can only imagine and I don't like it.
I've got 4. 18, 17, 16 and 13.... Whoa is me....

Fortunately they are pretty good kids but even then I want to run away for a week every month  ;)
He who dares wins.  SAS

DaverZ

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2014, 08:05:26 PM »
Got it back Friday and went to the range today.I put 75 rounds through it and all seems well except one mag isn't letting the slide lock back after the last round so I promptly called them back and gave them a status report.Ruger is sending me a new mag and a prepaid envelope to send the offending mag back.I also called FNH because of the same problem,mailed it back today and they are sending a replacement for my FNP9M.

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 471
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2014, 08:47:31 PM »
Glad it's working out and kudos to ruger for good customer service.
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

GASPASSERDELUXE

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2014, 09:44:34 PM »
I've got 4. 18, 17, 16 and 13.... Whoa is me....

Fortunately they are pretty good kids but even then I want to run away for a week every month  ;)

Wait till they get married.

Magoo541

• Bryan Munson
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2014, 10:21:54 AM »
Wait till they get married.
At least there will be more men-er... males around.  Right now I'm hopelessly out numbered.  Which reminds me I need to order some boolit casting equipment pretty quick  ;D
He who dares wins.  SAS

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk