Author Topic: Bundy Ranch/BLM  (Read 9830 times)

1Buckshot

• Monty Lucht
  • Top Forum Member
  • COMMENCE FIRING
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Bundy Ranch/BLM
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2014, 07:52:26 PM »
Well lets look at those fees....  Currently, grazing fees are set at approx $1.35 @ head.
Bundy was said to have about 900 "trespass cattle".
Even if we more than double the herd size to 2500,
put them on the land for 21 years,
that still doesn't add up to anywhere NEAR 1 million....more like $70,875.

He stated he thought he might owe $300k but would only pay it to NV or Crook County.
Anyone know how this 300k figure was reached?

$1.35 per head per month x 12 = $16.20 per year x 900 head =$14,580 per year for the heard x 20 years = $291,600 owing.

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 955
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2014, 08:22:30 AM »
mkm,

Sorry for delay, but about as quick as I get a nap in I'm on the road again ... I hate this time of year!

Google the local papers and news stations.  The most telling I picked up in a local paper down there was when the Gov. of Nevada backed Bundy, and when a County official confirmed that he had been paying the fees locally.

His issue isn't with the fees.  His issue is that the Federal Government stole the land from the state and local government (not government as a whole as ranted by Reid and the liberals).

There was also one story that I did not get to read all of, but when I was interrupted it was listing costs that should have been government that he had paid (fencing, gates, maintenance, etc).  Not sure of the details, and like I said, I don't have time now to search.  I do know that this is far from what the main stream has sold the nation on.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2014, 08:56:51 AM »
The Breitbart web site has a long article on the story.    Might be a good source for a balanced view.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/04/12/The-Saga-of-Bundy-Ranch
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

kmitch200

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2014, 09:43:41 AM »
$1.35 per head per month x 12 = $16.20 per year x 900 head =$14,580 per year for the heard x 20 years = $291,600 owing.

Thank you!
The site I looked at didn't list the fee as per month...or it did and the whiskey blurred it. :D
You can say lots of bad things about pedophiles; but at least they drive slowly past schools.

1Buckshot

• Monty Lucht
  • Top Forum Member
  • COMMENCE FIRING
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2014, 12:54:47 PM »
This is another spin on the story. This one I have the most faith in being from a ranching background and dealing with the feds.

http://freedomoutpost.com/2014/04/blm-worried-cliven-bundy-might-prescriptive-rights-might-use-defense-court/

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 11:35:44 AM »

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2014, 01:48:57 PM »
This is another spin on the story. This one I have the most faith in being from a ranching background and dealing with the feds.

http://freedomoutpost.com/2014/04/blm-worried-cliven-bundy-might-prescriptive-rights-might-use-defense-court/

Good Info.

Looks like no matter where the legal issues fall out, another government agency committed another gross overreaction.

At least this time, they seemed to have learned something from the Waco massacre....or maybe it didn't look like they were going to be able to pull off another Waco when the armed folks weren't holed up in a fire trap.
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

tombogan03884

« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2014, 03:15:44 PM »
Just think how many of their roads, and culverts that money could have maintained.
My Dad say's out in Idaho people are so sick of waiting for BLM to get off their azzes they just fix what they need themselves.
Then when BLM puts locks on the gates they cut them off and continue about their business.

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2014, 07:59:29 AM »
Found an article that seems to indicate the Reid/Chinese deal is not dead yet.

The situation in 2012 might have been delayed, but it showed back then that the BLM was willing, and did, sacrifice the protected tortoise when the Reid back project needed them out of the way.

The article also indicates that the current events at the Bundy farm are a continuation of that 2012 project.

http://cowboybyte.com/29761/harry-reid-chinese-sugar-daddy-vs-cliven-bundy/

—Patrick Henry

— Daniel Webster

tombogan03884

« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2014, 09:27:33 AM »
For some time now I have been harping on the idea that, "If you tolerate it, you deserve it".
Well, the locals in this case did not tolerate it any more and look what happened .
Even Feds are smart enough to know they do not want to get shot.
Same tactics work against gun control or illegal immigration .
Political power ALL comes from the barrel of a gun.

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2014, 02:22:06 PM »
For some time now I have been harping on the idea that, "If you tolerate it, you deserve it".
Well, the locals in this case did not tolerate it any more and look what happened .
Even Feds are smart enough to know they do not want to get shot.
Same tactics work against gun control or illegal immigration .
Political power ALL comes from the barrel of a gun.

Exactly.  I still remember the  "punch line" from a post here....  "You should have stopped my at the dinner roll".

But it is nice to see that a delayed objection, when it is full tilt and serious, can still change the situation.
—Patrick Henry

— Daniel Webster

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk