Author Topic: We Can Ignore The Constitutional Process ...  (Read 5651 times)

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 908
We Can Ignore The Constitutional Process ...
« on: April 28, 2014, 01:23:17 PM »
From the Brady Bunch:

Dear Mike,

This is how change happens. 

And we didn’t need the blessing of Congress to do it.

A year ago, the Brady Center filed a lawsuit for the family of Thomas Wortham IV, a Chicago police officer and Iraq War veteran who was shot and killed outside his parents’ home by gang members trying to rob him.

We sued a Mississippi gun dealer on behalf of the Worthams because the gun used to kill Tommy was one of five that the dealer sold to a gun trafficking ring that supplied Chicago gangs.

The gun dealer has just settled the case and agreed to POLICIES THAT GO BEYOND THE LAW AND WILL PREVENT CRIMINALS FROM OBTAINING FIREARMS.

These include video recording of all handgun sales and immediate notification to local and federal authorities of any multiple handgun purchases that occur within any 30-day period.

Make no mistake: these reforms will save lives.

The Worthams wanted to prevent other families from suffering the pain they’ll feel for the rest of their lives because of gun violence...and they did.

Help us continue to reform the gun industry and keep guns out of the hands of gun traffickers and criminals.
Won’t you please make a tax-deductible gift to the Brady Center today?

Congress may have failed to rein in the gun industry, but in courts across the country, the Brady Center's Legal Action Project is winning the fights that make real change happen.

Generous supporters like you make this change possible.

Thank you.

Jonathan E. Lowy, Director
Legal Action Project
Brady Center to Prevent Gun Violence

P.S. For more about the victory, see the front page story from yesterday’s Chicago Tribune.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

BAC

Re: We Can Ignore The Constitutional Process ...
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2014, 02:29:06 PM »

tombogan03884

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2014, 02:50:48 PM »
Soap box, Ballot box, Cartridge box .
If you tolerate it, you deserve it.

kmitch200

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2014, 07:29:51 PM »

Dear Sarah,
Please accept my contribution of $0.00 hoping that it shows you how much I am in agreement with your goals and philosophy.

ps - are you still wheeling around your hubby as some sick, twisted trophy?
You can say lots of bad things about pedophiles; but at least they drive slowly past schools.

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2014, 09:32:02 PM »

Dear Sarah,
Please accept my contribution of $0.00 hoping that it shows you how much I am in agreement with your goals and philosophy.

ps - are you still wheeling around your hubby as some sick, twisted trophy?

It is referred to as the "Jim and Chair Show"  Used to call it the Drooling Jimmy tour, but that was just plain mean to the prop.

Warning!  Adult humor through the twisted mind of a 13 year old ahead!
I foresee Mark Kelly doing this with Gabby for years to come, but I think the road sex is better and will make the care and feeding of the prop tolerable.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 03:34:16 AM »

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2014, 01:14:38 AM »
"We sued a Mississippi gun dealer on behalf of the Worthams because the gun used to kill Tommy was one of five that the dealer sold to a gun trafficking ring that supplied Chicago gangs.

The gun dealer has just settled the case and agreed to POLICIES THAT GO BEYOND THE LAW AND WILL PREVENT CRIMINALS FROM OBTAINING FIREARMS."

I predict a 'Mississippi gun dealer' going out of business very soon as anyone who buys from this dealer would have to be a moron.

These include video recording of all handgun sales and immediate notification to local and federal authorities of any multiple handgun purchases that occur within any 30-day period.
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2014, 06:39:02 AM »
"We sued a Mississippi gun dealer on behalf of the Worthams because the gun used to kill Tommy was one of five that the dealer sold to a gun trafficking ring that supplied Chicago gangs.

The gun dealer has just settled the case and agreed to POLICIES THAT GO BEYOND THE LAW AND WILL PREVENT CRIMINALS FROM OBTAINING FIREARMS."

I predict a 'Mississippi gun dealer' going out of business very soon as anyone who buys from this dealer would have to be a moron.

Interesting thought.

If it were my shop I'd be planning to go out of business as a result of the settlement and regardless of any likely loss of business.

Don't know the legal ins and outs, but I guess if the business is incorporated, the settlement was with the corporation and not the owner..but if it was with the owner, the sale would need to be structured so there was no legal continuation of ownership.

Once the shop is in new hands, the settlement is vapor.

Another good example of why to incorporate perhaps any enterprise you own.

I am guessing TAB might be able to speak to those advantages/disadvantages....he has mentioned possible loss of everything due to legal action.  It has been my understanding that if the business in incorporated, just the corporate assets are at risk and not your personal assets.?
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

kmitch200

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2014, 10:28:06 AM »
It is referred to as the "Jim and Chair Show"  Used to call it the Drooling Jimmy tour, but that was just plain mean to the prop.

I foresee Mark Kelly doing this with Gabby for years to come, but I think the road sex is better and will make the care and feeding of the prop tolerable.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
You can say lots of bad things about pedophiles; but at least they drive slowly past schools.

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1078
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2014, 04:11:15 PM »

I wish I could teleport myself to Minnesota just to shake your hand.  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2014, 09:43:47 PM »
I wish I could teleport myself to Minnesota just to shake your hand.  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

Don't worry sir.  I still travel, and after a couple of missed opportunities I have vowed to not pass close to a member without looking them up.

Some day I will stop by, shake your hand, and hide your leg  ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk