Author Topic: Non Gun Stuff...  (Read 379054 times)

tombogan03884

Re: Non Gun Stuff...
« Reply #1940 on: October 09, 2011, 02:45:12 PM »
The one that really baffles these dumb sh!ts is "Merge".

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 956
« Reply #1941 on: October 09, 2011, 07:52:52 PM »
Here are a few more I left off earlier, but an afternoon, and 190+ miles on the bike, reminded me:

11.  As Mr. Bogan said - Merge means merge!  When you come down the ramp it is your job to match the flow of traffic, and not traffic's job to slow down to make your life easier.  When a lane is ending it has been proven that the best way to keep traffic flowing is to merge as quickly as possible rather than wait until you are out of space;
12.  In keeping with the above, when a lane is ending and is empty because good drivers have already merged it is not your personal drag strip to get ahead of everyone else;
13.  Exit only means exit only - If you are in that lane EXIT!  If you don't want to exit MERGE!;
14.  Pick a lane and use it - There are no registration discount bonus points for spreading the road wear over as many lanes as possible;
15.  Hang up the damn phone and drive;
16.  Pay attention to traffic - Start seeing motorcycles comes to mind first after a young girl talking on her phone ran a stop sign and pulled out right in front of us this afternoon and then drove at 45 mph for two miles on a winding road.  However, I have had this happen when I'm driving a full size pickup as well, so just wake up and drive.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

tombogan03884

« Reply #1942 on: October 09, 2011, 09:43:35 PM »
Here are a few more I left off earlier, but an afternoon, and 190+ miles on the bike, reminded me:

11.  As Mr. Bogan said - Merge means merge!  When you come down the ramp it is your job to match the flow of traffic, and not traffic's job to slow down to make your life easier.  When a lane is ending it has been proven that the best way to keep traffic flowing is to merge as quickly as possible rather than wait until you are out of space;
12.  In keeping with the above, when a lane is ending and is empty because good drivers have already merged it is not your personal drag strip to get ahead of everyone else;
13.  Exit only means exit only - If you are in that lane EXIT!  If you don't want to exit MERGE!;
14.  Pick a lane and use it - There are no registration discount bonus points for spreading the road wear over as many lanes as possible;
16.  Pay attention to traffic - Start seeing motorcycles comes to mind first after a young girl talking on her phone ran a stop sign and pulled out right in front of us this afternoon and then drove at 45 mph for two miles on a winding road.  However, I have had this happen when I'm driving a full size pickup as well, so just wake up and drive.

They should let us kill these people on sight.

ellis4538

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #1943 on: October 10, 2011, 04:11:04 AM »
In IOWA it's GREEN!  John Deere is based there.

Richard
Used to be "The only thing to FEAR was FEAR ITSELF", nowadays "The only thing to FEAR is GETTING CAUGHT!"

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 94
« Reply #1944 on: October 10, 2011, 10:42:17 AM »

over 5 years I was hit 16 times by drivers on cell phones... every single one of them I was stoped at a red light and had been for atleast 30 seconds.  all of them women ages 16-30ish.   I got real good at going to the junk yard to get a bumper.( pick n pull)  got it down to 2 hours from the time I left the house til I had a bumper. on the truck.  I think I made more off that truck then I did out of the back of it.   lots of 2000 checks from insurance companys or $500 right there to walk.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

Sponsor

« Reply #1945 on: Today at 04:56:17 PM »

Magoo541

• Bryan Munson
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #1945 on: October 10, 2011, 11:01:12 PM »

over 5 years I was hit 16 times by drivers on cell phones...

Driving a camoflaged truck will get you hit every time  ;D
He who dares wins.  SAS

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #1946 on: October 11, 2011, 08:35:46 AM »

over 5 years I was hit 16 times by drivers on cell phones... every single one of them I was stoped at a red light and had been for atleast 30 seconds.  all of them women ages 16-30ish.   I got real good at going to the junk yard to get a bumper.( pick n pull)  got it down to 2 hours from the time I left the house til I had a bumper. on the truck.  I think I made more off that truck then I did out of the back of it.   lots of 2000 checks from insurance companys or $500 right there to walk.

What TAB fails to mention is that he was talking to each of the women at the time of the incident and they were accelerating into his truck......for some reason.     ;D ;D ;D ;D   
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1099
« Reply #1947 on: October 11, 2011, 02:16:22 PM »
In IOWA it's GREEN!  John Deere is based there.

Richard

Thought they were in Moline, Illinois since 1848?

"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

shooter32

• shooter32
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 41
« Reply #1948 on: October 11, 2011, 05:30:02 PM »

+1 Thanks m58
A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have. ~ Gerald Ford - August 12, 1974

ellis4538

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #1949 on: October 11, 2011, 06:56:16 PM »
I have a friend who worked in their plant in Eldridge, Iowa for years.  Eldridge is on the Eastern edge of Iowa near the Illinois border.  Maybe he drove to Moline to work...don't know where it is located compared to Eldridge.  His widow is living well with the benefits package he got.
Used to be "The only thing to FEAR was FEAR ITSELF", nowadays "The only thing to FEAR is GETTING CAUGHT!"

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk