Author Topic: Still think Ben Carson is great ?  (Read 10470 times)

tombogan03884

Still think Ben Carson is great ?
« on: November 11, 2014, 02:07:01 PM »
http://www.mediaite.com/tv/conservative-hero-ben-carson-to-beck-you-have-no-right-to-semi-automatic-weapons-in-large-cities/

Conservative Hero’ Ben Carson To Beck: You Have No Right To Semi-Automatic Weapons In Large Cities

Appearing on Glenn Beck‘s radio show this past week, Dr. Benjamin Carson took a vastly different stance from most conservatives on the issue of gun control, claiming you shouldn’t be able to own semi-automatic weapons in large cities.

Carson became a newfound conservative hero last month when he spoke at the National Prayer Breakfast and laid out a series of criticisms of ObamaCare, political correctness, and tax policy right in front of the president himself. Many called the speech “inappropriate” given the apolitical nature of the event, but many conservatives lauded Carson for his “bold” and “sensible” suggestions for policy reform.

Asked by Beck for his thoughts on the Second Amendment, Carson gave the popular pro-gun argument: “There’s a reason for the Second Amendment; people do have the right to have weapons.”

But when asked whether people should be allowed to own “semi-automatic weapons,” the doctor replied: “It depends on where you live.”

“I think if you live in the midst of a lot of people, and I’m afraid that that semi-automatic weapon is going to fall into the hands of a crazy person, I would rather you not have it,” Carson elaborated.

However, if you live “out in the country somewhere by yourself” and want to own a semi-automatic weapon, he added, “I’ve no problem with that.”

........................................Video at link.........................................

Another one who can't grasp, "Shall not be infringed".
Why don't we just say "Blacks can not be owned as slaves for agricultural purposes, but if you want to buy one for yard word that's OK."

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
Re: Still think Ben Carson is great ?
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2014, 07:21:14 PM »
http://www.mediaite.com/tv/conservative-hero-ben-carson-to-beck-you-have-no-right-to-semi-automatic-weapons-in-large-cities/

Conservative Hero’ Ben Carson To Beck: You Have No Right To Semi-Automatic Weapons In Large Cities

Appearing on Glenn Beck‘s radio show this past week, Dr. Benjamin Carson took a vastly different stance from most conservatives on the issue of gun control, claiming you shouldn’t be able to own semi-automatic weapons in large cities.

Carson became a newfound conservative hero last month when he spoke at the National Prayer Breakfast and laid out a series of criticisms of ObamaCare, political correctness, and tax policy right in front of the president himself. Many called the speech “inappropriate” given the apolitical nature of the event, but many conservatives lauded Carson for his “bold” and “sensible” suggestions for policy reform.

Asked by Beck for his thoughts on the Second Amendment, Carson gave the popular pro-gun argument: “There’s a reason for the Second Amendment; people do have the right to have weapons.”

But when asked whether people should be allowed to own “semi-automatic weapons,” the doctor replied: “It depends on where you live.”

“I think if you live in the midst of a lot of people, and I’m afraid that that semi-automatic weapon is going to fall into the hands of a crazy person, I would rather you not have it,” Carson elaborated.

However, if you live “out in the country somewhere by yourself” and want to own a semi-automatic weapon, he added, “I’ve no problem with that.”

........................................Video at link.........................................

Another one who can't grasp, "Shall not be infringed".
Why don't we just say "Blacks can not be owned as slaves for agricultural purposes, but if you want to buy one for yard word that's OK."

I guess he thinks that crazy person won't think of another source for their weapons than to steal them?
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

kmitch200

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2014, 02:45:10 AM »
Old news.
How this idiot rationalizes rights being dependent on where you live has been known for a while.
Anytime this azzhat has something to say in the media, I find another channel to watch.

He has as much chance to win the Oval Office as my goofball male *Golden Retriever.

*who would be a better president than either Ben or the current occupant. 
You can say lots of bad things about pedophiles; but at least they drive slowly past schools.

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2014, 04:08:04 AM »
honestly, if a criminal can break into my safe... 
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

JC5123

• Top Forum Member
  • Fortune sides with him who dares.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2014, 03:46:30 PM »
I have been thinking for awhile now that if Ben Carson wants to get into politics, he needs to be Surgeon General. Stick to what you know Ben. There are positions in Government that would fit you, but President isn't it.

I am a member of my nation's chosen soldiery.
God grant that I may not be found wanting,
that I will not fail this sacred trust.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 05:24:28 AM »

mortdooley

• The U.S. Constitution poses no serious threat to our form of government..
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2014, 09:03:34 PM »
I never have been impressed with him, just because he wasn't afraid to tell BO socialized medicine is a bad idea didn't make him a conservative!
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.”

- – Voltaire

You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them.--Ray Bradbury

vincewarde

• Very Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2014, 12:08:38 AM »
We are two years out from the election.  He is just starting his campaign, and we will have lots of time to both educate him on 2nd Amendment issue AND find out if he is qualified.

Frankly, Pres. Obama was unqualified to be president, and would have been equally qualified if he were a conservative.   He just did not have the administrative/leadership experience needed to be a good president.  I'm a conservative, but I want to be able to vote for a qualified conservative next time - someone who has leadership experience.  Rep./Col Allen West would be someone I would vote for in a heartbeat.  As far as Ben Carson, I certainly like him - but I want to know how much leadership experience he has - and I want him to be clearly pro-2nd Amendment.

jaybet

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member, DRTV Ranger, Guitar Player
    • Bluebone- Burnin' and Smokin'
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2014, 06:31:09 AM »
We need someone who believes in the Second Amendment, not just tolerates it.
I got the blues as my companion.

www.bluebone.net

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2014, 03:12:53 PM »

Exactly.  In reality, I am a one issue voter.  While other issues are extremely important, if the candidate does not stand strongly behind the 2nd Amendment, it's a deal breaker.

I figure as long as the 2nd Amendment is secure, we can "fix" any other broken issues.
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2014, 07:16:05 PM »

I am running the next election( really)
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk