Author Topic: Still think Ben Carson is great ?  (Read 10467 times)

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
Re: Still think Ben Carson is great ?
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2014, 12:51:31 PM »
Did you mean you were running IN the next election, TAB?  Guessing you did...

Or did you get put in charge of the Board of Elections?
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2014, 01:34:12 PM »
Vote for me in 2016 ;D

Seriously, it started as a joke between friends, not a joke any more   lol

Already have a few thousand people willing to sign to get me on the ballot.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

Timothy

« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2014, 02:29:52 PM »
I know the Constitution says you're old enough but you're not by a long shot!

I'd vote for my dead dog first..  He had more wisdom and I bet he was a better speller, too!

:)

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2014, 04:06:21 PM »
Speller yes.    I could nit do worse then the last 3
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

Timothy

Still think Ben Carson is great ?
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2014, 05:54:27 PM »
Speller yes.    I could nit do worse then the last 3

Yes, you could!

Arrogance, your young age and lack of experience are three very dangerous traits in a "leader"!

Clinton and Odumbass were young and arrogant as well and they thought the same as you...

Start small and run for something local or at the state level.  Gain some knowledge of the system, learn and work through the game.  Understand what works and can be accomplished then look to something at the federal level.

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 05:15:50 AM »

tombogan03884

« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2014, 05:59:44 AM »
The first 2 lessons lessons are #1 Your principles and ideals are irrelevant unless you can get sworn in, that isn't what "Politics" is about. It's entirely about getting, and using power regardless of your goals. The Democrats get this and do it well. The Republicans don't, therefore they have to depend on the voters becoming disgusted with the Dems.
#2, Study Saul Alinsky and Machiavelli's " The Prince".

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1078
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2014, 02:01:30 PM »
This is not a "for-or-against" Ben Carson post....just more info for the thread.

May just be lip service to forward the election prospect.

http://gunssavelives.net/gun-politics/ben-carson-clarifies-his-stance-on-2nd-amendment-supports-owning-any-type-of-firearm/

FTA:

However, to date, one comment has irked conservatives and it involves guns.

Carson previously said:
  “It depends on where you live. If you live in the midst of a lot of people, and I’m afraid that that semi-automatic weapon is going to fall into the hands of a crazy person, I would rather you not have it.”

According to Bloomberg.com, Carson recently clarified his statements on the Second Amendment:

“There seemed to be group of people—I don’t know exactly who they are—who seize upon one part of something that I said,” Carson said on the call, which Bloomberg Politics was allowed to dial into. “Sometimes people just hear one little thing and they don’t hear anything else.”

Carson said that he could have been more precise in his answer to Beck.

“Perhaps I didn’t convey it appropriately,” he said. “I wanted to convey that, you know, I’ve lived in urban areas. I’ve worked in urban areas. I’ve seen a lot of carnage, and I’d prefer a situation where the kinds of weapons that create that kind of carnage don’t fall to the hands of criminal elements or insane people. But that is secondary to the desire to always defend the Second Amendment.”
Carson said that “under no circumstances” would he “allow a bureaucrat to remove any law-abiding citizen’s rights for any kind of weapon that they want to protect themselves.”
If he were in a position of national leadership, Carson said he would seek to allow people to possess any kind of weapon they can legally buy, including “automatic weapons and semi-automatic weapons.”

With the current Republican field looking pretty much the same as it has the last 2 election cycles, Carson may be what the GOP needs to get back into the White House. Do you trust his clarification on the Second Amendment?

"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

tombogan03884

« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2014, 02:08:37 PM »
F*ck him, he does not get "Shall not be infringed".
It isn't that complicated, it doesn't depend on whether you live in the city or the country.

GASPASSERDELUXE

« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2014, 03:24:32 PM »
HELL NO!

kmitch200

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2014, 11:35:10 AM »
“I wanted to convey that, you know, I’ve lived in urban areas. I’ve worked in urban areas. I’ve seen a lot of carnage"

I live in an urban area and I've seen a lot of carnage too in my career. BFD.
It NEVER, ever entered my brain that it was the gun's fault that Jamaal and Jose got into a shootout.

Do you trust his clarification on the Second Amendment?

Clarification or stroke job?
What's next? A picture of him shooting skeet? 
F*&koff Ben.

You can say lots of bad things about pedophiles; but at least they drive slowly past schools.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk