Author Topic: My Own Personal Doppler Radar  (Read 10282 times)

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 471
My Own Personal Doppler Radar
« on: April 20, 2015, 05:00:40 PM »
Well, not mine personally, and no I haven't purchased one.

This isn't exactly a "new" announcement since they were at 2014 SHOT show, but I thought some of us may not have heard of it before.   They're getting dinged for the delayed rollout, but if this works and the price point is right...

http://mylabradar.com/

Basically you put it along side your shooting position and it can give you velocity of anything from highpower elephant guns, to handguns, to pellet guns, to arrows.

To me is the really big selling point is it goes along side your shooting position, NOT DOWNRANGE.  You're not shooting at it but by it.    You know what they say about chrono's?  There are two types.  Those that have been hit and those that are gonna be.  This take out that worry.

I'd get one and see if my local range wouldn't let me set it up as a service so that I can  charge $1/shot to chrono loads for shooters.     

Here's the YouTube link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFfGp3CYAr8
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
Re: My Own Personal Doppler Radar
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2015, 05:21:27 PM »
Looks promising. 

Ans $1.00 per shot isn't an unreasonable price considering cost of a chrono, hauling it out and back, and the "stress" of not picking it off.

Can you print out a customers strings?

Also, make the price $1.25 and give $0.25 to the range  :D :D
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1149
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2015, 02:01:05 PM »
I watched the video at the website and it looks great. Amazing technology that will likely come with a hefty price.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2015, 04:50:58 PM »
I think you can download the string to a smart phone or tablet.  Maybe email them instead of printing.

Estimate price is $600.

Will work for ammo

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2015, 07:06:20 PM »
$600 is not a bad price for a serious shooter.

You save that in setup and take down time pretty quick for an avid reloader.
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 03:14:43 AM »

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2015, 08:07:19 PM »
So many toys.  So little money.

LabRadar is close to it's first real shipment.  They're taking orders (and credit card #s) for real.  $559, no frills.

http://www.buymylabradar.com/

I've had their web site on my computer desktop for almost a year now.  And now it's time.  Two problems.  Money is tight.  And I joined an large outdoor range.  Well that's where the money went, but also at the range, I get a whole shooting bay to myself when I go.  No cold/hot range problem.  Setup my Chony, no problem, took readings on 5 different load using 5 different guns.  I don't have a NEED for the LabRadar now. 

Maybe some money will just fall out of the sky this week.
Will work for ammo

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 460
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2015, 11:20:46 AM »
Amazing technology that will likely come with a hefty price.

Remember, nothing gets cheaper faster than electronic technology. Look at big screen TV's, cell phones, and digital cameras. This will be no different. In our sport look at laser sights and digital range finders.

tombogan03884

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2015, 12:53:27 PM »
This time next year it will be debugged and under $400

brushmore

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Certified Rifle Instructor
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2015, 02:22:30 PM »
I'd pay the $1 to test some of my loads.

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2015, 03:58:10 PM »
The data can be downloaded to a USB drive or a SD, so the "customer" can take their results home for analysis...better than a printed copy.

Have a hand full of small capacity USB drives available for resale to customers.
—Patrick Henry

— Daniel Webster

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk