Author Topic: Concealed Carry in a Gun Store  (Read 7631 times)

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 469
Concealed Carry in a Gun Store
« on: February 26, 2016, 07:55:28 AM »
Most people understand the need for safety in an environment where lots of weapons are being handled.   Gun stores, gun shows and ranges insist all weapons be unloaded, unless on the firing line.  How does that square with concealed carry?   Many gun places will typically not squawk at concealed carry as long as you don't handle the concealed firearm, but I've never seen this spelled out.  It's usually not spoken about, much less written down. 

Well my favorite gun store, Adventure Outdoors (over 20,000 guns in stock), has spelled it out and put it on the front counter.

Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

Timothy

Re: Concealed Carry in a Gun Store
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2016, 08:20:22 AM »
Cabelas is much the same.

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2016, 08:59:45 AM »
But do they have it posted when you come in the front door?  I don't recall seeing it, but then I try to get past the credit card pushers as fast as I can.

This is the policy of a lot of gun stores, but I don't recall seeing many post it as such.
Will work for ammo

Timothy

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2016, 09:05:32 AM »
Yes, it's posted on the front of the greeters podium as you enter the store.  There is also a check in station prior to entering the main store where you can check firearms for return, repair or other services that they offer.

Unfortunately, Cabala's is probably one of the more expensive places to purchase a firearm around here.

The Bass Pro, I carry regardless though I don't recall a sign anywhere.  It's too damn far from my house now anyway.  Haven't been there in a few years.

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2016, 12:34:35 PM »
Thanks.   I'll dwadle a moment when I next visit the Ackworth store and see if I can find it. 

As a rule, I don't look for signs about concealed carry, because then I can honestly plead ignorance.
Will work for ammo

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 02:03:24 PM »

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2016, 01:16:39 PM »
lots of idiots over years have had NDs  in stores trying differnet holsters.

last time I was in a store to try and buy, both me and the clerk, checked the gun not once but twice if it was loaded.

having worked in a ffl and sold thousands of guns, there are a bunch of idiots out there that should flat out not own them.

i have many times though about opening up a ffl, but the amount of business you need to do to make it is just insane.  you make squat on gun sales and I really don't want to sell things other then guns/parts

just like another hobby of mine, aquariums, would love to start and aquarium store, but the $ just don't make sense.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

Timothy

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2016, 01:42:52 PM »
Thanks.   I'll dwadle a moment when I next visit the Ackworth store and see if I can find it. 

As a rule, I don't look for signs about concealed carry, because then I can honestly plead ignorance.

Be careful, dwadling in public can be a problem in some parts of the country...  :)

I concur on the pleading ignorance.  I just now did that at the local hospital!  I saw the sign but it was too cold to go back and put my LCR in the car safe... ::)

Jim Kennedy-ar154me

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1463
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2016, 02:44:33 PM »
PLEASE excuse the ignorance and I probably really don’t want to know the answers that will be posted but what exactly is your definition of  dwadle ???

Let the games begin. :o
The time for action is upon us and the enemy is at our gates. Let us not allow them one more inch of advancement but instead throw them through the gates of Hell.

Jim Kennedy-ar154me

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1463
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2016, 02:52:03 PM »

Please excuse me. After I did some research   ;D   I found this:

Dwadle
To move slowly, deliberately, with the rationale of delaying the start of any task that you are less than enthused about.
There are those who Dawdle and those who Dwadle.

I am now educated.  8)
The time for action is upon us and the enemy is at our gates. Let us not allow them one more inch of advancement but instead throw them through the gates of Hell.

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 908
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2016, 04:50:04 PM »
Back to Cabella's:

Every big box store I have been to, Cabelas, Gander Mountain, Scheels, Bass Pro, ..., all have a sign on the doors, or a sign stand just in the door with this type of statement.  Very polite and well versed, and they all make it clear that legal carry is perfectly fine.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk