Author Topic: never judge a book by its cover. place your bets  (Read 7045 times)

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
never judge a book by its cover. place your bets
« on: April 28, 2017, 06:49:00 PM »
So today, I was taking the entire crew out too lunch.   No big deal, we were qll hungry, dirty and stunk of you know WORK.

So we went too this place were we can eat out side on the patio, the food is great,been there many times..  when I walked in, I said. "There are 17 of us, we would like too sit out side"   I got " are you sure you can afford too eat here? It averages about $30 a person and we charge 17% gratuity"

" is the manger here?"  " I am the manger"  I proceed too pull out my wallet and count 2k in $100s in front of him.

His eyes kept getting bigger as I pulled the hundys from my wallet.  " thanks for letting me know this is not the type of place for hard working men, I will make sure too pass that along too all my friends and co works."

Ended up going across the street.  I should note that this is just outside of portland and not bend where they have a location.

Can't wait too go bqck and talk too the owner, I am sure he will be more than thrilled.   Oh wait I don't have too go back, I am putting a kitchen in for the owner in august, I will just call him at home.

I already put in the call, no details, just waiting for him too get back too me.

So place your bets, pink slip or quit?
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1149
Re: never judge a book by its cover. place your bets
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2017, 07:31:10 PM »
He probably cost the restaurant close to $600 today and who knows how much in the future. I'm sure the owner will be pissed. He may keep his job but should probably quit.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 460
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2017, 07:42:08 PM »
That is the dumbest thing I've ever heard of since they wouldn't wait on a scruffy old hippie at a Chicago Aston Martin dealership, back in the 80's. It turned out to be George Harrison.

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2017, 07:59:48 PM »
He probably cost the restaurant close to $600 today and who knows how much in the future. I'm sure the owner will be pissed. He may keep his job but should probably quit.
  at least that and if they sent out a cute waitress (is there manager of restaurant tjat does not know this about large groyps of blue collar workers)that would have been a hundy just for her.

What really gets me, is we were not even going to sit inside(that would be rude as we were dirty, we were going to talk and most likely offend liberals)  we were going out of our way to be polite.  Hell given the money were going to spend there I could have said give us your best table.  Its a 4 month project, if we liked it, chances are we would be back at least 4 more tines during that time.

Oh well jim is gping to be pissed.

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 605
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2017, 10:58:03 PM »
Nice Tab.  Real nice.

Keep us posted.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 10:08:45 PM »

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2017, 09:07:40 AM »
  at least that and if they sent out a cute waitress (is there manager of restaurant tjat does not know this about large groyps of blue collar workers)that would have been a hundy just for her.

Likely she would have been covered in tats and staples, being it was in Portland.

Doubt if they can fire the mgr for this IN PORTLAND, but, yeash, the owner will be pissed no doubt!
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2017, 01:11:15 PM »
Talked too him this morning( he owns like 15 bars/ restaurant so his weekends are busy)saying he was pissed was an understatement. 

Having a sit down between the 3 of us Tuesday.  I really had the impression he was getting a pink slip until he said the 3 of us.

The best qoute from him. " that dumb ass didn't realize you made more that day then he does in 2 weeks."

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1149
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2017, 02:47:32 PM »
I can't wait to hear how this turns out.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

tombogan03884

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2017, 06:43:48 AM »
Likely she would have been covered in tats and staples, being it was in Portland.

Doubt if they can fire the mgr for this IN PORTLAND, but, yeash, the owner will be pissed no doubt!

From Portland on the Wilmette, to San Diego on the Pacific, a patchouli curtain has descended upon the West coast .
(Sorry. WC).

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2017, 03:03:42 PM »
ok so we are all showing up for rib eyes Friday on the house...

and he got his last check in front of me. 

"even if this costs me $500 too feed you guys, that's a fraction of what I would lose over this"

he is 100% right.

turns out the guy was a brick layer for 20 years, before he got into bars/restaurants.  so he knows just how much money skilled construction works make and understands "we want to eat god damn it!.

I knew i liked him when i was bidding his kitchen, now i know why.  the man actually earned his money thru blood sweat and tears.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk