Author Topic: What's the last thing you ate or are currently eating?  (Read 195998 times)

Diamondback

• NRA/SAF Life Member, FPC Member, SMF Lawfare Donor
  • Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
Re: What's the last thing you ate or are currently eating?
« Reply #1470 on: May 29, 2024, 09:54:54 PM »
Five Guys bacon-cheeseburger I brought home from lunch. Bummed that Lefty, Mumsey and the pups didn't show to enjoy the special "nut salad" I made for 'em... :( (A mix of peanuts, chopped walnuts, sliced almonds and I even broke out the "rare special treat" pine nuts to mix a few in.)

Doubly so since one of the pups, we call him Munch, is a little black hole wrapped in a fur coat that eats more than both his parents. That little thing at only about the size of a hand body-length has the longest tail I've ever seen on any squirrel... if the rest of him grows into it he's gonna be a freakin' monster.
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
"YOU IDIOTS! I WROTE 1984 AS A WARNING, NOT A HOW-TO MANUAL!"
--the ghost of George Orwell

Life Member NRA/SAF - FPC Member - WA CPL holder

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1149
« Reply #1471 on: June 01, 2024, 05:19:03 PM »
I've seen Dot's pretzel's in the store but not those. They're a limited time flavor, so I better not screw around and miss out. I have pepperoni pizza in the microwave.

A couple days ago I had some french toast sticks baking in the convection oven, and when I put the rest of the bag in the freezer, I had a bag of boneless zings in there too. I know some people eat chicken and waffles together, so I thought I'd try chicken and french toast sticks. I put pancake syrup all over the chicken too, and the sweetness combined combined with the hot spiciness tasted extremely close to General Tso's chicken, which is one of my favorite meals. Every take out restaurant I've had General Tso's chicken from was different, but one place I got it had a sauce that I swear looked and tasted like it was based on pancake syrup. The next day I cut up a bunch of boneless zings, mixed it with pancake syrup and microwaved it, then mixed it with chicken fried rice. It wasn't General Tso's chicken, but turned out tasting pretty good. I'm going to put syrup on my boneless zings again too. Hot and sweet is one of my favorite combinations. Maybe even better than hot and salty or sweet and salty.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #1472 on: June 02, 2024, 11:16:08 PM »
I had a bowl of chicken tortilla soup and didn't have any tortillas, but I crushed up the last of my Honey Habanero potato chips and stirred them in. They were too hot for me to eat straight out of the bag, and even worse when I tried eating them and drinking alcohol one night, so I've been putting them n soup all week. I have another bowl of soup in the microwave and might eat some Jalapeno potato chips along with it, but won't put them in the soup unless they're hotter than usual.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Diamondback

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #1473 on: June 09, 2024, 02:44:06 PM »
Applebee's chicken quesadilla and tomato-basil soup. Not quite the same as a traditional grilled cheese, but a nice little twist on the idea when you dump the salsa in with the soup.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #1474 on: June 10, 2024, 04:25:15 AM »
I love chicken quesadillas. I had some tomato basil soup myself last week. I almost never eat tomato soup, as a kid I hated the condensed soup we had, but I had 2 cans of Campbell's Homestyle Harvest Tomato with Basil soup one after the other.

The last thing I ate was bunch of Pop Corners Limited Edition Jalapeno Popper flavor. Pop Corners look like tortilla chips but they're made of popcorn. I don't think I ever had them before but I've seen them in the store lots of times and finally had to try this new flavor.

Sponsor

« Reply #1475 on: Today at 02:46:29 AM »

Diamondback

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #1475 on: June 10, 2024, 03:02:33 PM »
I love chicken quesadillas. I had some tomato basil soup myself last week. I almost never eat tomato soup, as a kid I hated the condensed soup we had, but I had 2 cans of Campbell's Homestyle Harvest Tomato with Basil soup one after the other.
You're gonna laugh... Grilled Cheese and Tomato Soup was the only thing beyond my high-school cafeteria's ability to Screw Up. What they called "ham" was fit more for shoeleather than food... so, simple things well done are "life's small comforts" for me. :)

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1078
« Reply #1476 on: June 10, 2024, 08:54:25 PM »
Spent last week at the beach and had a wide variety of things.
Chicken salad sandwiches and poppy seed chicken casserole that we took for meals with family as well as dining out for shrimp, crab legs, wings, burgers, pizza, ice cream and a ton of various junk food snacks.  8)
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #1477 on: June 12, 2024, 02:41:21 AM »
Simple things done well are always better than complicated things done poorly. - Big Frank

You can quote me on that.

So, Peg, when is the next pic-a-nic? I'm higher in intelligence than the average ursine, possibly, and promise not to steal the pic-a-nic basket for myself. ;D

I just sat down to a plate of sweet corn hush puppies and the last bit of spicy ketchup I have. There's no ketchup left for round 2. :(  I ate a whole pound of hush puppies a day or two ago. I think I baked them too long after taking them out of the freezer. They were really crusty, but still tasted good. These are a little better, even the few I ate without ketchup, but I think I like them better without corn in them.

I had a Black Cherry Mike's hard Lemonade with a shot of spiced Bacardi, then one with Jose Cuervo Gold. I just poured the last one into the little bit that was left of the last drink. The Black Cherry Mike's don't taste very good, most people think they're too sweet, but there are 3 in every 12-pack variety of 4 flavors. I like the limeade the best, followed by lemonade, and strawberry lemonade. The lemonade is good with a shot of tequila, but the limeade tastes good unaltered. None of them taste half as good as Frank's HARD lemonade that I made with 190 proof Everclear and real, non-frozen, un-concentrated lemonade. That stuff was GOOOOOD but I can only buy liquor in Michigan at the store now, and no more imported high-proof liqour.  I can't even get Bacardi 151 here anymore. I need to ask Sarge if he can get 160 proof Stroh rum in Kentucky and have him ship me a case if he can. Maybe a case of Everclear too.

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1078
« Reply #1478 on: June 14, 2024, 11:38:38 AM »
Meander on down, Frank....we'll fix up something good to eat.  ;D

When we go to a campground for a week the wife makes up at least 5 lbs of her chicken salad. We usually have several family members in their campers too so she hands out containers of chicken salad along with homemade peanut butter cookies and poundcakes to each family group.
Our next trip is our usual September outing so we'll be watching hurricane season about then.
We may not get to go for our usual times from then on (we've been going the same two annual outings for ten years now) since the state of FL changed their reservation policy giving state residents a one-month advantage on making reservations. I guess they don't realize just how much outside-the-state dollars they'll lose....but they will.

Today's lunch is a TLT....turkey. lettuce and tomato.
We'll probably hit our favorite Tex-Mex joint for supper....we ain't been in a few weeks and the wife is Jonesing for fajitas.  8)  :o  ;D
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #1479 on: June 16, 2024, 01:24:53 AM »
I"M a family group, :) and I like chicken salad sandwiches, homemade peanut butter cookies, and pound cake! Maybe in the middle of winter it will cool off enough for me to want head south, but I'm non-migratory, just like the Canada geese around here.

I microwaved a bag of Ben's Original Ready Rice, Roasted Chicken, flavored with carrots and herbs. It's not Uncle Ben's anymore because "Uncle" is apparently racist AF, like Aunt Mame's pancake syrup. ;) I put half of the rice in a bowl of Top Ramen Chicken flavor, and I'm eating a second bowl of the same. 90 seconds to heat up the rice and 3 minutes for each bowl of ramen. I didn't feel like cooking but haven't had anything to eat since...? I don't know when, but it was sometime yesterday. And I wanted something quick. I'm drinking a pot of McCafe decaf too. It's not bad for grocery store coffee, and light-years beyond the only cup of coffee I ever bought at McDonald's.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk