Author Topic: What's the last thing you ate or are currently eating?  (Read 205547 times)

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1216
Re: What's the last thing you ate or are currently eating?
« Reply #1530 on: October 08, 2024, 09:57:19 PM »
I bought a hand of almost perfectly ripe bananas for 50 cents. I just ate 1 and the other 4 are hanging from the kitchen ceiling. Two of them that aren't quite ready will be tomorrow, and the other 2 are good now. They may not make it through the night. You don't see 10 cent bananas every day, at least I don't. When I was much younger I remember that my mom wouldn't buy bananas if they were more than 11 cents a pound. So we went without them most of the time. I just checked the price at Kroger and they're $0.49 / lb, about 21 cents each. At Meijer they're $0.50 / lb, about 25 cents each.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #1531 on: October 13, 2024, 04:47:06 PM »
I had a whole heaping helping of hush puppies. Hooray! I like them with ketchup but don't have regular ketchup. The chipotle flavored ketchup I have is on the hot side for the amount of ketchup I use, so I mixed it half and half with pickle flavored ketchup. The combination tasted good together. It was savory, sweet, hot, and tangy, all at the same time. The only other ketchup I have is jalapeno flavored.  They were on sale at Kroger, and you save a dollar apiece, or something like that if, you buy 5 or more, so I bought 2 of each. No habanero flavored ketchup for me, thank you.

https://www.heinz.com/products?condimentType%5B0%5D=ketchup

Mayochup Mayonnaise & Ketchup Sauce is good with french fries, but I haven't tried any of their other mixed sauces. I don't even remember seeing them.

https://www.heinz.com/products?condimentType%5B0%5D=mixed-sauce
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #1532 on: October 13, 2024, 07:14:51 PM »
A big batch of battered, not breaded, mozzarella sticks dipped in spaghetti sauce.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk