Author Topic: Bowhunting.  (Read 3806 times)

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
Bowhunting.
« on: June 04, 2021, 02:59:35 PM »
About 20 years ago i use to be very big into bow hunting.   Things have changed so much its not even funny.  Well yesterday I bought a bow.  Bear cruzer g2. Rth.  At $400 it was very reasonable.  A great beginner  level bow that I can grow with for awhile.  I was not going to pay 1800 to get a high end bow as I am not sure how much I will use it, but  with ammo being unavailable  at least I will have something to shoot.  Should be here Tuesday.  Still need to buy a release, arrows, targets and some other stuff. 

I look forward to being able to go out back and shoot.

If I feel confident in my abilities  by fall I would love to spot and stalk an elk
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 460
Re: Bowhunting.
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2021, 03:21:02 PM »
I've always been fascinated by modern archery, but just never got into it. Too many guns and too little time for anything new.

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2021, 04:04:57 PM »
I've always been fascinated by modern archery, but just never got into it. Too many guns and too little time for anything new.
  I have too many guns i can't get ammo for, or it is $3+ per shot. If you can find it.  Normally it would not be an issue as I would roll my own.  Only can't get primers.  What I have I don't want to shoot up as I can't replace it currently.    About the only thing I can get is 45 acp and 38 target loads.   Both about $50/ box.  Limit 1 or 2 boxes.   No 3006, 257 weatherby, 10 mm, 357 mag, 223,16 ga or 41 mag.   Well thats mainly what I shoot.  The more exotic  stuff like 38 super 9x25 dillon,  is a pipe dream.   Its frustrating

Jim Kennedy-ar154me

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1463
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2021, 07:41:00 AM »
Well TAB, Did it come it, and does it live up to expectations?
The time for action is upon us and the enemy is at our gates. Let us not allow them one more inch of advancement but instead throw them through the gates of Hell.

tombogan03884

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2021, 12:13:32 PM »

I'd say "Enquiring minds want to know", but the truth is we're just nosy.   ;D

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 08:44:10 PM »

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2021, 06:27:55 PM »
It did still in the box.  I need a release and some arrows.  Otherwise it is a 4# expensive paper  weight

tombogan03884

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2021, 07:38:28 PM »
It did still in the box. I need a release and some arrows. Otherwise it is a 4# expensive paper  weight

Not that much different than guns after all. 
Wouldn't have that problem with a FLINT lock   ;D
And since you ask, Yes, I AM just being a dick.   ;D
My Dad used to have a Bear recurve I messed with enough to know which way the point went, but I've never really been into archery.
Good choice for SHTF, it's fairly silent, and TAB "needs" nice fancy arrows .
If it was the type of issue that primers currently are he'd already have a fletching stand.
Being TAB he'll probably make some anyway just to see.  ;D
Being TAB I'm surprised he "bought" a bow unless it's composite.
Wood he could probably do better than factory.

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2021, 10:40:09 AM »
Actually, the arrows i have been looking at are relatively  cheap.  At about $10/each.  ( trust me this is cheap)

Its the damn release, so many options and unless you want to buy a high end one you can't try them.  Its like going to a gun store and being told you can hold the gun all you want, but you can mount it up and squeeze  the trigger

Timothy

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2021, 11:02:50 AM »
The SIL uses Scott Archery Little Goose release.  He shoots every day, 365 days a year out to 100 yards.  He has tendency to destroy arrows cuz his groups are sub 2” at normal yardage.  I’ve witnessed this!

tombogan03884

« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2021, 01:42:55 PM »
Actually, the arrows i have been looking at are relatively  cheap.  At about $10/each.  ( trust me this is cheap)

Its the damn release, so many options and unless you want to buy a high end one you can't try them.  Its like going to a gun store and being told you can hold the gun all you want, but you can mount it up and squeeze  the trigger

A guy I know was talking about some he had seen  $40/ea.
They had an LED in the knock so you could watch it like a tracer .

The SIL uses Scott Archery Little Goose release.  He shoots every day, 365 days a year out to 100 yards.  He has tendency to destroy arrows cuz his groups are sub 2” at normal yardage.  I’ve witnessed this!

Dayum.

How much is that in hay bales ?
I can keep some within a couple of those.
If I'm close   ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk