Author Topic: Competition 2024  (Read 3081 times)

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 492
Re: 2024 IDPA Nationals
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2024, 11:04:31 AM »
First RE:  ICORE.   Got a note from them they fixed the erroneous classifier.  What they did was remove me from the leader board, but they left it in my classifier log.  So it counts as a high-score-throwaway, but the leaderboard now shows the appropriate placement.  I'll take that.  Now if I can just shoot 2 more "A" scores.

IDPA Nats.  HOT HOT HOT.   They treated around a dozen cases of heat related ailments.  Including me, though I caught myself early on and was going through a major cool down regimen. (Guzzling cold water and soaking my shirt in ice water, with me in it, and applying cold compresses to my head.   My squad let me sit out pasting.  I was able to bounce back and finish the match, though my scores weren't great.  9th out of 12 revolvers.  Top Distinguished Sr. (=>75) 325 of 367 overall against all other divisions.

Nailed 3 Non-Threats.  2 of them were in the dark house.  Perfect -0 hits on the wrong target.  Of course then I got a PE and 2 misses, -10.

A lot of DQs, 21 or about 7%.  Two I heard were for improper vests.  We lost a CO master shooter on our second stage for sweeping himself at a covered port exclusion zone.  Should have known better.

Some great stages.  Then there was the low light.  As I said under the flashlight thread., problem was the shooter was in full sun light trying to see into a dark room.  It was the stage right after I started my cooling down, and I didn't do badly, but I definitely needed a brighter light.  M U C H   B R I G H T E R.

IDPA Nats move to TX for the next two years.   I won't be going.  GA State IPDA up next at the end of the month.   Will see about shooting Bianchi Cup next spring.
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 492
Re: Competition 2024
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2024, 02:39:51 PM »
GA State IDPA match in the books. 
2nd Revolver and 1st Sharp Shooter Revolver.  Plaque and everything.   YEAHHHH.

A number of IDPA rule interpretations cause some consternation, but not any PEs.  I can drop ammo, but not a speed loader on the same reload.   Either or though.  Can't game a stage by slinging a miss on an activator then coming back to shoot it later, must activate before moving on.  All in all some good stages.   I did have my gun lock up on a stage with cost me many points.  Didn't appear to be the ammo.  I went over to the safe area, open the cylinder and operated the action and whatever was out of time now worked.  so the rest of the match went smoothly.  I'd had the same Points Down as the #1 revolver shooter had it not been for that incident.

I'm obviously not going to IRC as much as I'd like to go back to PA it's not working personally this year.  GSSF is just too big and too much competition in Talladega.
Guess that's it for the  "big" ones this year. 
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk