Author Topic: Ruger PC Carbine Doubling  (Read 580 times)

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 493
Ruger PC Carbine Doubling
« on: July 02, 2024, 03:06:33 PM »
<I wish Les were still here>

Last year with about 500 rounds through it my PCC worked fine.  For some reason it’s sometimes doubling.  Same ammo, no upgrades SINCE last year.  Not finding anything on the forums.

Doesn’t seem to be my grip.  I’ve thoroughly cleaned it, no joy.  I’ve taken out the TK flat trigger and put in the original, but haven’t tested that yet.  I used it with the TK last year no problem. 

Any thoughts?  To little after travel?  Too much?  Should i swap out the hammer?
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 633
Re: Ruger PC Carbine Doubling
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2024, 03:29:38 PM »
How much travel is in the reset of the TK trigger?

See what happens with the trigger replacement.,

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Rastus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Yesterday at 07:40:53 PM »
So Alf, did you ever get this issue fixed?

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Yesterday at 07:51:26 PM »
Sorry I forgot about the post.  I put the original hammer and trigger back in and have 1,000+ rounds through it since with no problems.  It may not be the custom parts, but I may have installed them wrong.  Or maybe something went wrong with the sear/reset after shooting it for a while.  At my middling level of skill I can’t tell the difference anyway.   All the other mods are working out well.   It I can’t seem to break into Class A.  Keep shooting B level scores.
Will work for ammo

Rastus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Yesterday at 08:03:46 PM »
Well, it could be the disconnector out-of-spec or maybe the spring installation.  See if you can open the rifle (what make and model?) and pull the trigger back then manually cock the hammer if like an AR.

If the hammer is caught by the disconnector then check the hammer release.  If it releases to the trigger or if the disconnector releases to the hammer when the trigger is released.  I dunno.... beyond that.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 04:39:24 PM »

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1194
« Reply #5 on: Today at 04:32:42 AM »
I don't know anything about the design but have always had good luck with TandemKross parts. I have some more TK and Volquartsen parts to install on my 3 Ruger .22 pistols and maybe something left to do with my 10/22.

I thought I spelled Volquartsen right, but when I looked at my spellchecker it thought I meant Quarterstaves. I did a quick search and saw that I did spell it right, so I added it to my dictionary. By the way, quarterstaves is another way of saying quarterstaffs, the plural of quarterstaff. I don't let my stupid spell checker Otto-cur-wrecked anything I write on the computer, and for good reason IMHO. Quarterstaves sounds to me like small wooden staves they would use to build a quarter barrel. :)
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: Today at 10:47:48 AM »
Thanks Rastus, but I did a disconnector check and it worked fine.  It only doubled maybe once out of every 50 rounds or so.  I'm assuming it was my installation, but I'm not going to sweat it.  I couldn't tell the difference between the two anyway, so I'll just leave the stock trigger/hammer in there. 

FRANK:  I always take it as a challenge when I mistype something to figure it out myself rather than right click and see the Clippy suggestions.
Will work for ammo

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1194
« Reply #7 on: Today at 04:24:33 PM »
Clippy? I didn't know that was still around. It looks like it has been since 1988 or '89, at least 35 years. I never even thought about getting a computer until I retired, and I never had Microsoft Office. I read somewhere online that Clippy could pop up and be REALLY annoying.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk