Author Topic: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly  (Read 14 times)

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 495
The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
« on: Yesterday at 11:13:42 AM »
GOOD:   Vortex. 

I was removing my Vortex Viper red dot from my 686 to put on a HoloSun 507C and the picatinny mounting screw got away from me.  I think it had a spring associated with it.  I heard tinkling as it bounce around on the shelves.  I have a number of open containers and a large trash can in that vicintiy and a search, assisted with magnet, produced no joy.  Got on the Vortex web site and then their chat, where with in minutes a new screw and spring are being shipped out at no cost. 

BAD:  Cabela's

Cabela's itself isn't bad, but they've got a little issue with their shipping dept.  I had a bunch of points, just burning a hole in my pocket, and I'm going to National Rimfire Challenge so I thought a few extra 10/22 magazine would be good.  Ordered TWO of the THREE pack.  I just needed 4 to round out my Plano box and have 15 total (3 stages with out reloading), but since I had the points why not just get six.  The package was here in 36 hours and I opened only to discover that each plastic package only had 1 magazine each.  Huh?  So either someone is ripping them off in the warehouse.  Or the employee thought Qty 2 and removed the "extra" magazines.  The plastic Ruger package though clearly says it is quantity 3.   So a return label has been issued, but since I've paid with points, I now have to wait until they issue me the refund to reorder.  I want have them for this weekend's steel challenge match.  <sigh>   At least I got a coupon for an additional 10% off.  And if you're wondering, I only use factory 10rd mags on my .22lrs.  Never have I had a feeding problem.  I'll keep it that way.

Ugly.  Water line

Totally unrelated, but the water main to the house sprung a leak, again.  Just had it patched 9 months ago.  Fortunately my Flume water monitor alerted me within the hour.  It's leaking a 0.28g/minute.  Called the plumber and am going to have the whole main replaced.  It was put in 50 years ago with copper on either end and PVC in the middle.  Even in 1970's nobody wanted to pay for 125' of copper.   They'll be using 1" PEX for the replacement and avoiding the trees.   Water's not that bad in Cobb cty, but the accompanying sewer charge will kill ya. 
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 643
Re: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
« Reply #1 on: Yesterday at 11:31:21 AM »
PEX for a water line should save you a few $$$'s.  Tab can correct me if I'm wrong but the connection that expands the PEX ends for a fit gives the largest ID and overall joint longevity. 

I think the Cabela's thing is unfortunate but not unexpected these days.  Good luck on that Rimfire Challenge...I'd sure like to compete.  Maybe next year...the last two years have been an overflow of issues, problems and things to do. 
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk