Author Topic: 8 year old dies at gun fair.  (Read 20800 times)

mosbear

• Very Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: 8 year old dies at gun fair.
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2008, 12:13:11 PM »
Lets all keep this civil.
I've  expected this tragedy to get the best out all of us. Don't let the troll succeed in his mission!
Let's be considerate enough an do the right thing.
Thank you all!

oldeurope

« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2008, 12:28:26 PM »

I'm impressed. You guys really know how to argue. There is an 8 year old dead and all you can think of is to pull off that ridiculous stuff. That is cynical. The NRA and the gunlobby has got you brainwashed pretty well I see.
Yes, cars are dangerous. But they are also good for something. AND they are used all the time. If guns were used all the time by so many people, the statistics would be different. Your argumentation is really weak.
Guns don't keep you safe. There are a lot more safe places in the world than the US that don't allow guns. Why wouldn't that work for you? Explain.

oldeurope

« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2008, 12:40:08 PM »
Out of curiosity, where do you live?
Why, do want to hunt me down? Or give me some fake statistics of how much safer my city would be with guns?

ericire12

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2008, 01:00:19 PM »
Ignore the varmint!

You are giving him exactly what he wants...... Dont play his game....... Dont let him dictate the discussion on this forum...... besides "You cant fix stupid".
Everything I needed to learn in life I learned from Country Music.

blackwolfe

• A Simple Man
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2008, 02:37:53 PM »
This is tragic.

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. "    Abraham Lincoln

Wolfe

Sponsor

« Reply #25 on: Today at 10:39:45 AM »

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1079
« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2008, 02:54:34 PM »
The death of a child, regardless of the cause, is a tragic thing.
My thoughts and prayers go out to his family as well as the others involved (it could get uglier for them as well).

I'm sure the MSM will spin it out of control, especially at this election time frame.

"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Teresa Heilevang

• The "Other Halloway"
  • Global Moderator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Don't make me call the flying monkeys! DRTV Ranger
    • The Perfect Touch
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2008, 03:29:55 PM »
This thread has been edited.. and rejoined together.
The pictures were uncalled for and I think you all know that.

Please remember to have honor and pride in all your posts.
No matter what the lefties try to whine around about.. it was an accident and my heart pours out to the family and to the instructors and for all involved. The loss of a child is something I can not even fathom..
I agree that this child was too young to be shooting a high power.. (even with supervision and help) and I am sure the parents will blame themselves for the rest of their living days on earth.
But this was not done on purpose, and anyone who thinks that way is truly mentally disturbed.

So... OldEurope... if you are from the old country ( across the big pond , as my husband likes to put it) :)  and you do not truly understand the 2nd amendment ..and you joined Down Range for the right reasons.... then there are a host of wonderful caring patriotic men in here that will be more than glad to share information with you. And will enjoy listening to what you have to say also.
 If you would like to share information back we would love to have you... If ...on the other hand ..you only came in here to  talk liberal pissy assed stuff.. then I doubt you will find many like minded people to talk to.

If that is the case... then my suggestion would be for you to skip on out of here and go find those who think like you do... and you can try to convince each other that you don't need guns...and that guns are bad ..and that all the good guys would be better off without them. ( the bad guys sure like that theory) 
But just a word of friendly advice...
When the shit hits the fan....( and it will).. I hope you can dial 911 and there is someone who is left that will give a damn..
Cause if there isn't....................... weeeelllllll... you my good man, will be begging your frightened hind end off for a legal gun carrying citizen to come and save you.   ;)

You all have a good day and remember

"Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History ! "

Fatman

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2008, 04:05:07 PM »
I'm impressed. You guys really know how to argue. There is an 8 year old dead and all you can think of is to pull off that ridiculous stuff. That is cynical. The NRA and the gunlobby has got you brainwashed pretty well I see.
Yes, cars are dangerous. But they are also good for something. AND they are used all the time. If guns were used all the time by so many people, the statistics would be different. Your argumentation is really weak.
Guns don't keep you safe. There are a lot more safe places in the world than the US that don't allow guns. Why wouldn't that work for you? Explain.

Right. Tell that to my neighbors. He's a survivor of Idi Amin Dada's regime. He was forced to watch executions of his friends and neighbors in the soccer stadium. Marched there at gunpoint. Told me he finally found his way here (through the old Soviet Union, where he went to school and met his wife, then through France and Britain) because of our right to keep and bear arms. He figured as long as we had the means to fight back, it wouldn't happen here. He wasn't so sure of Europe...

And as to my gun not being used 'all the time', guess again. It goes with me all the time, has protected me and my family twice now and myself and some coworkers on an overnight shift once (without the need to shoot it, thankfully).  Three times in the seven years I've lived in a right to carry state. And the crime? All the perps involved with my situations were outsourced from gun-free NYC, where they learned the trade on people who couldn't fight back.

And your right to choose to not carry or own a weapon is fine by me. If you live in a country that does trust you with firearms, I wouldn't advertise that fact though. The rest of us make the criminal population unsure of your ability to defend you and yours, and the likelihood of a hot break in at your home is diminished.
Anti: I think some of you gentleman would choose to apply a gun shaped remedy to any problem or potential problem that presented itself? Your reverance (sic) for firearms is maintained with an almost religious zeal. The mind boggles! it really does...

Me: Naw, we just apply a gun-shaped remedy to those extreme life threatening situations that call for it. All the less urgent problems we're willing to discuss.

ultima ratio

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2008, 04:12:30 PM »
I wonder how an eight year old can even fire an UZI. The grip is fairly large with an awkward grip safety to press while shooting. Very very sad  :-[ People (not only kids) should not be allowed to use firearms without proper training and without fully understanding responsibility and consequences of its use. No reason to blame a tool though. The gun laws of a country are the measurement of the freedom of its individuals. And Europe sucks when it comes to freedom. We are owned and over and over again we heartily trade every bit of freedom for false safety promises.

blackwolfe

• A Simple Man
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2008, 05:36:25 PM »
I wonder how an eight year old can even fire an UZI. The grip is fairly large with an awkward grip safety to press while shooting. Very very sad  :-[ People (not only kids) should not be allowed to use firearms without proper training and without fully understanding responsibility and consequences of its use. No reason to blame a tool though. The gun laws of a country are the measurement of the freedom of its individuals. And Europe sucks when it comes to freedom. We are owned and over and over again we heartily trade every bit of freedom for false safety promises.

Another Europeon that gets it.
"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. "    Abraham Lincoln

Wolfe

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk