Author Topic: Washington DC & Registered Ammo?  (Read 7752 times)

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 908
Washington DC & Registered Ammo?
« on: January 01, 2009, 09:07:01 AM »
StarTribune.com
Driver arrested near White House after police dogs become suspicious

Associated Press

January 1, 2009

WASHINGTON - Authorities near the White House arrested a man after he drove up to a security checkpoint in his car and drew the attention of wary police dogs Wednesday night, police said.

The car approached a checkpoint at an intersection near Lafayette Park, just north of the White House, soon after 6 p.m. and police dogs grew suspicious of the car, according to police accounts. Several fire trucks, police cars and other emergency vehicles reported to the area after the driver was taken into custody.

The driver was questioned before being arrested for possession of unregistered ammunition (shotgun shells) and having an unregistered vehicle, said Ed Donovan, a spokesman for the Secret Service. The car was found to be safe about two hours later, he said

Donovan identified the man as Andrew Martin, 20. Martin was from Delaware, Donovan said, though the agency spokesman did not know what city.

© 2009 Star Tribune. All rights reserved.

http://www.startribune.com/politics/36960244.html?elr=KArksLckD8EQDUoaEyqyP4O:DW3ckUiD3aPc:_Yyc:aUUZ

Aside from everything else in the story, can anyone explain the unregistered ammunition thing to me  ???
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Washington DC & Registered Ammo?
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2009, 09:21:16 AM »
http://www.startribune.com/politics/36960244.html?elr=KArksLckD8EQDUoaEyqyP4O:DW3ckUiD3aPc:_Yyc:aUUZ

Aside from everything else in the story, can anyone explain the unregistered ammunition thing to me  ???

Yeah, it's the face of things to come for all of us!  >:(
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

Majer

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 71
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2009, 09:23:09 AM »
More than likely just another case of the drive by media not getting any facts or making up the news ::)
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper
Pericles--"Freedom is only for those who have the guts to defend it".

The problem with society today is that not enough of us drink wine from our enemies skulls”.

It takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile, and 3 for proper trigger squeeze.

Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars!!!
-Sheriff Jim Wilson
"When tyranny becomes law rebellion becomes duty" Thomas Jefferson
Es gibt keine Notwendigkeit zu befürchten, Underdog hier ist.
Great nations rise and fall. The people go from bondage to spiritual truth, to great courage, from courage to liberty, from liberty to abundance, from abundance to selfishness, from selfishness to complacency, from complacency to apathy, from apathy to dependence, from dependence back again to bondage. Where are we now??????

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2009, 09:27:46 AM »
I've done some searches before and after starting this thread, and I can't find anything about ammo registration by citizens in DC.

Either someone needs to learn to think before talking, think before printing, or we need to start oiling the guns for action.

I'm coming across more and more articles like this that make no sense, and then you never hear about the incident again.  Even if you search for it you can not find anything.  Scary!
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

TSB

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2009, 09:51:50 AM »
I don't know about the D.C. incident but...

In MA, it is a felony to posess ammuntion without a LTC or Firearms ID card.  Period.....DO not drive through the state of MA with any ammo on your person or in your vehicle unless you already have applied for a non-resident hunting license or a non-resident LTC. 

I don't know WHY a non-resident would want to hunt in MA, but people do...maybe it's for the FREE RANGE LIBERALS..... >:(

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 01:06:50 AM »

Majer

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 71
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2009, 10:31:06 AM »

In MA, it is a felony to posess ammuntion without a LTC or Firearms ID card.  Period.....DO not drive through the state of MA with any ammo on your person or in your vehicle unless you already have applied for a non-resident hunting license or a non-resident LTC. 

Timothy, not to get off topic, But has Mass started to issue Non resident LTC again? for a while the Attorney General said he wasn't going to issue or renew the non resident LTC.
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper
Pericles--"Freedom is only for those who have the guts to defend it".

The problem with society today is that not enough of us drink wine from our enemies skulls”.

It takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile, and 3 for proper trigger squeeze.

Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars!!!
-Sheriff Jim Wilson
"When tyranny becomes law rebellion becomes duty" Thomas Jefferson
Es gibt keine Notwendigkeit zu befürchten, Underdog hier ist.
Great nations rise and fall. The people go from bondage to spiritual truth, to great courage, from courage to liberty, from liberty to abundance, from abundance to selfishness, from selfishness to complacency, from complacency to apathy, from apathy to dependence, from dependence back again to bondage. Where are we now??????

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 605
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2009, 10:47:50 AM »
Do any of your remember back when they used to keep track of your name in a notebook when you bought ammo?  Glad that finally went away.

Massachusetts....felony for possessing ammunition?  I bet that really scares the criminals.  Do otherwise honest citizens that happen to be found with ammunition get shaken down for $$$$'s or prosecuted?
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2009, 10:56:19 AM »
Do any of your remember back when they used to keep track of your name in a notebook when you bought ammo?  Glad that finally went away.

Dumbest thing in the world!

Used to go to Grant Boys (not sure how far the chain stretched, but we had several in the land of fruits and nuts when I was doing time out there) and have to write my name and address in a spiral note book, yes the same ones you used in school, and the clerk would record what you bought.  Real official and uniform from store to store.  Did I say stupid  >:(

tombogan03884

« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2009, 11:41:08 AM »
I don't know about the D.C. incident but...

I don't know WHY a non-resident would want to hunt in MA, but people do...maybe it's for the FREE RANGE LIBERALS..... >:(

Guy from NH beat that when they first came out with it, The Supreme court ruled that if it stays in your car it is subject to the laws of the state the car is registered in.

TSB

« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2009, 11:47:25 AM »
Timothy, not to get off topic, But has Mass started to issue Non resident LTC again? for a while the Attorney General said he wasn't going to issue or renew the non resident LTC.

It's on the books as allowed.  Ref. General Laws of MA @ mass.gov:

Chapter 140: Section 131F. Nonresidents or aliens; temporary license to carry firearms or ammunition.  We are a MAY issue state so the AG can have the final say...

Further review of the legaleese of the general laws reveals that I may have mis-spoke.  It appears (I'm not a lawyer) that it IS legal for a non-resident to drive through the state with a locked, unloaded firearm.  Anyone who may be traveling should really take a look at our laws regarding firearms.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk