Author Topic: My condolences to Minnesotans  (Read 3350 times)

TSB

My condolences to Minnesotans
« on: January 05, 2009, 02:01:16 PM »
First there was "The Body" Ventura...

Now you have Stewart Smalley.....

So sorry for your loss... :'(

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 908
Re: My condolences to Minnesotans
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2009, 04:22:18 PM »
Jesse wasn't that bad.  His election sent a message to career "idiots," and it has kept a couple under rocks ever since.  He brought a breath of honest and open fresh air to the closed door "good old boys club," and he did no harm legislatively.  Sure he did a couple wierd things, but for the most part he was neutral to positive ... and he gave all the rest of you something to poke fun at  ;)

However, this foul mouthed clown is scarey!  I'm waiting to see what happens when he starts his rants on the Floor.  Do they have a "bleep" button in DC, or are we going to be able to listen to him unedited.  I'm not saying that foul language neccessarily rules you out for public office, but this clown could not even clean his act up enough to get through a campaign speech  :-[

I suggest everyone nationwide get ready if this stands, because he will vote higher taxes and outlaw all guns every chance he gets  >:(  I'm not speculating ... he has stated so  >:(

If you really want to get mad go take a look at the ballots they counted.  I complained when they counted dimpled ballots in the Bush/Gore election, but on these pen marked paper ballots they counted ballots that had both candidates marked.  They would look at other candidates voted for and determine intent was party line ... and this is the saner of the examples.  What part of "spoiled ballot" do these judges not understand  >:(

When Coleman wanted to not allow a whole batch of disallowed ballots he was overruled.  After those were allowed he went back and said, OK then count these and was told NO!  Today his case with the State Supreme Court was not accepted.  Last I heard is that Republicans are threatening fillabuster if they try to seat Franken today.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

TSB

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2009, 04:35:58 PM »
Jesse wasn't that bad.  His election sent a message to career "idiots," and it has kept a couple under rocks ever since.  He brought a breath of honest and open fresh air to the closed door "good old boys club," and he did no harm legislatively.  Sure he did a couple wierd things, but for the most part he was neutral to positive ... and he gave all the rest of you something to poke fun at  ;)

M58...I didn't mean to imply that Jesse was a bad Governor, quite the contrary.  My Sis (who lives in the Twin Cities) said that Jesse was a decent guy.  I have family all over MN and WI who share your (and my) sentiments......

Tim

runstowin

• Thomas Jefferson: “Indeed, I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just”
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2009, 05:06:51 PM »
Liberals for years ridiculed Reagan for being a mere former actor, now they are ticked pink to have a former second rate comic in the Senate. Can you say pinheads? Sure you can.
Rights are like muscles, when they are not exercised they atrophy.

1776 Rebel

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2009, 05:24:12 PM »
America has no one to blame for the morons and clowns we elect to office other than ourselves. Take a look at the biographies of the founding fathers compared to our current fools and idiots and you will sit back in awe. Comics, wrestlers, hack Chicago pols, party circuit matrons with nothing else to do, versus learned men who actually used their brains. They read, they wrote, they contributed ideas to the world that have lived for several centuries already. Yuk. I want to puke when I see the front page of a newspaper today.

http://colonialhall.com/biodoi.php

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 08:41:08 PM »

Rob10ring

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2009, 05:55:31 PM »
I'm not too happy about our Governator, but I'd take him over Al Franken any day.

alfack

• Very Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2009, 07:00:19 PM »
No lie! The drug foddered mind of him, "Al Franken," makes Rosie O'Donnel look like a right winger!

Sad day indeed.

runstowin

• Thomas Jefferson: “Indeed, I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just”
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2009, 07:18:01 PM »
America has no one to blame for the morons and clowns we elect to office other than ourselves. Take a look at the biographies of the founding fathers compared to our current fools and idiots and you will sit back in awe. Comics, wrestlers, hack Chicago pols, party circuit matrons with nothing else to do, versus learned men who actually used their brains. They read, they wrote, they contributed ideas to the world that have lived for several centuries already. Yuk. I want to puke when I see the front page of a newspaper today.

http://colonialhall.com/biodoi.php

What you say can't be true, none of these men went to public schools, so they must have been ignoramus"s.
Rights are like muscles, when they are not exercised they atrophy.

tt11758

• Noolis bastardis carborundum (Don't let the bastards wear you down)
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger ~
    • 10-Ring Firearms Training
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2009, 08:50:03 PM »

However, this foul mouthed clown is scarey!  I'm waiting to see what happens when he starts his rants on the Floor.  Do they have a "bleep" button in DC, or are we going to be able to listen to him unedited.  I'm not saying that foul language neccessarily rules you out for public office, but this clown could not even clean his act up enough to get through a campaign speech  :-[

I suggest everyone nationwide get ready if this stands, because he will vote higher taxes and outlaw all guns every chance he gets  >:(  I'm not speculating ... he has stated so  >:(

If you really want to get mad go take a look at the ballots they counted.  I complained when they counted dimpled ballots in the Bush/Gore election, but on these pen marked paper ballots they counted ballots that had both candidates marked.  They would look at other candidates voted for and determine intent was party line ... and this is the saner of the examples.  What part of "spoiled ballot" do these judges not understand  >:(

When Coleman wanted to not allow a whole batch of disallowed ballots he was overruled.  After those were allowed he went back and said, OK then count these and was told NO!  Today his case with the State Supreme Court was not accepted.  Last I heard is that Republicans are threatening fillabuster if they try to seat Franken today.

Franken makes me glad I live 25 miles THIS side of the state line!!
I love waking up every morning knowing that Donald Trump is President!!

TSB

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2009, 09:12:49 PM »
Franken makes me glad I live 25 miles THIS side of the state line!!

Due respect, but wasn't it the Iowa caucus's that got BHO started on his way to victory? ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk