Author Topic: hi cap 45  (Read 10595 times)

weatherbyman

hi cap 45
« on: January 29, 2009, 03:57:57 PM »
I am looking for an new high cap .45, need some suggestions on getting a new one. It would be an upgrade to my p90, not really a fan of 1911s just my opinion. thanks 

ericire12

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: hi cap 45
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2009, 04:03:28 PM »
I am looking for an new high cap .45, need some suggestions on getting a new one. It would be an upgrade to my p90, not really a fan of 1911s just my opinion. thanks 

If people dont start using the term standard capacity, I think Bane might go into Haz's "clip" mode.  ;D ;D ;D ;D

*p.s. GLOCK!  ;)
Everything I needed to learn in life I learned from Country Music.

Overload

• Lefty Expert
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2009, 04:05:44 PM »
Ericire12: what's wrong in asking for a .45 that holds a lot of ammo via calling it high cap?

Weatherbyman:
Tommy Gun?

If you're not a fan of the 1911, what are you a fan of?

Overload in CO
We have seen the future: and it's expensive. -Michael Bane
Home of the Tickle Me Pamela Anderson. -Michael Bane
Weasels are the switchblade-carrying psychos of the animal world, the meanest creatures on the planet by aggression-level-to-body-weight ratio. -Marko Kloos

Overload in Colorado

ericire12

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2009, 04:15:08 PM »
Bane hates that term as much as Haz hates the term Clip...... and he is right, It was coined by the far left gun grabbers.

Example: Standard capacity .45 Glock magazine holds 13 rounds...... Brady wants standard capacity to be defined as 10 rounds...... a true high capacity .45 Glock magazine holds 25 rounds and extends well behond the length of a standard magazine

*CLIP!
Everything I needed to learn in life I learned from Country Music.

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 956
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2009, 04:24:22 PM »
I beleive the term that we should be using is "double stack." 

Single Stack = One round on top of the other
Double Stack = Rounds alternate from side to side.  Not truely two seperate stacks, but alternating about a third to a half cartridge diameter to the side

A 1911 (single stack) will have a magazine capacity of seven or eight rounds (I don't want to debate that all over again), and a 2011 (double stack) will have a capacity of 13 or 14 rounds. 

All of that being said ...

If you don't like the 1911 I would not look at the 2011.  You would probably want to look at Glock, M&P, XD or some similar design.  They may all look similar, but the differences between them can be huge between shooters.  Go to a gun shop and handle them.  Then go to a range that rents guns and try them.

Good Luck!
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 05:08:47 PM »

weatherbyman

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2009, 04:42:55 PM »
sorry about the magazine gaffe. I would like to find a double stack.45 with more capacity than my 7 round p 90. I was sort of leaning toward the hk or a glock but was looking for an outside opinions. I dont have anything against 1911s other than I already own a .45 with 7 round, wanted more like 13.

Ichiban

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2009, 04:53:38 PM »
Have you looked at the FNP-45?  It's kind of a handful.

weatherbyman

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2009, 05:21:26 PM »
I hadnt thought of the fn but I will check them out thanks

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2009, 05:35:34 PM »
I believe the Springfield XD(M), is coming out with, (maybe out already), a larger round capacity .45 ACP.

Seems all the Gun mags have the XD's on the cover. American Rifleman (Feb.) has the # of rounds at 13. in the .45.

Not a 1911,  fondle all you can.

Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

weatherbyman

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2009, 06:10:41 PM »
thanks for all the suggestions the hunt is definately my favorite part of getting a new firearm

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk