Author Topic: LCP- A PERSONAL REVIEW  (Read 16580 times)

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
Re: LCP- A PERSONAL REVIEW
« Reply #40 on: April 15, 2009, 07:24:07 AM »
I bought additional LCP mags (I have 5 total now) from Cheaper Than Dirt..but do not have the price.

I purchased extensions for all of them that needed them from TopGlock.com  - tgscom.com

I have another LCP on order from rugerlcp.com (another tgscom.com outfit) for $302.94

I have the Crimson Trace laser on my current LCP and will be getting one for the one on order.  My eyes aren't what they used to be and the whole dang gun is hard for me to pick up in low light, let alone the nubs used for sights.

The Nemesis holster from Desantis fits fine with the laser and I recommend the laser to anyone who can afford this option.   
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

Fatman

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #41 on: April 15, 2009, 08:12:14 PM »
I'm going to take my LCP out tomorrow and see how it feeds the Hornady Critical Defense rounds.  I've already noticed one thing - it's a little tricky ejecting the chambered round - had it jam pretty tightly between the breech and the front of the port.

As only two boxes of ammo arrived, it will be a short test. About 3 mags... gawd bless supply and demand!  ;D
Anti: I think some of you gentleman would choose to apply a gun shaped remedy to any problem or potential problem that presented itself? Your reverance (sic) for firearms is maintained with an almost religious zeal. The mind boggles! it really does...

Me: Naw, we just apply a gun-shaped remedy to those extreme life threatening situations that call for it. All the less urgent problems we're willing to discuss.

Rob Pincus

• CO-HOST ON BEST DEFENSE
  • Top Forum Member
    • I.C.E. Training Company
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: April 16, 2009, 04:02:05 PM »
Finally got to play with one of these this week while taping a Subcompact Defense training DVD for my series. I REALLY Liked it. Order one already, in fact. We shot Speer Gold Dot and some Magsafe rounds through it and it never hiccup'd.... There is a "tap rack" shown in the DVD because I lost track of a round not being chambered between takes, and we'll leave the reaction/response in the final version.

I haven't carried a sub-caliber gun in years, but used to do it regularly. I could see myself carrying the LCP this summer as a slimmer option to the J-frame.

-RJP

ericire12

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: April 16, 2009, 04:07:50 PM »
Finally got to play with one of these this week while taping a Subcompact Defense training DVD for my series. I REALLY Liked it. Order one already, in fact. We shot Speer Gold Dot and some Magsafe rounds through it and it never hiccup'd.... There is a "tap rack" shown in the DVD because I lost track of a round not being chambered between takes, and we'll leave the reaction/response in the final version.

I haven't carried a sub-caliber gun in years, but used to do it regularly. I could see myself carrying the LCP this summer as a slimmer option to the J-frame.

-RJP

The Kel-Tec is an ounce lighter and also comes in .32 ACP  ;)
Everything I needed to learn in life I learned from Country Music.

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: April 16, 2009, 04:18:31 PM »
The Kel-Tec is an ounce lighter and also comes in .32 ACP  ;)

Why would ya want .32 when ya can have .380?
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

Sponsor

« Reply #45 on: Today at 05:46:56 PM »

1911 Junkie

• Top Forum Member
  • aka Mr 4000
  • Liked:
« Reply #45 on: April 16, 2009, 04:20:30 PM »
Why would ya want .32 when ya can have .380?

Somebody got stuck with one. ;)
"I'd love to spit some Beechnut in that dudes eye and shoot him with my old .45"  Hank Jr.

ericire12

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #46 on: April 16, 2009, 04:54:36 PM »
My P32 is two ounces lighter then the LCP and is now 8+1
Everything I needed to learn in life I learned from Country Music.

Rob Pincus

• CO-HOST ON BEST DEFENSE
  • Top Forum Member
    • I.C.E. Training Company
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: April 16, 2009, 05:04:33 PM »
Here's a link to a "commercial" I did for MSC with the LCP as a "thank you" for them letting us use their range this week!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tcV4O5ym3w&feature=player_embedded

Ping

• Top Forum Member
  • Glock Certified Armorer & NRA Certified Instructor
  • Liked:
« Reply #48 on: April 16, 2009, 06:45:36 PM »
Great promo Rob. Love the LCP. After two months waiting I was able to get 2 of the 5 boxes of Hornady Critical Defense in .380. Good to have connections at the range.  ;D

DonWorsham

• MWAG
  • Top Forum Member
  • I feel more like I do now than I ever did
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: April 16, 2009, 06:47:38 PM »
My P32 is two ounces lighter then the LCP and is now 8+1

I thought there was 10 round mag for the Kel-tec P32. Kel-tec has a survey for you to vote on what you want next from Kel-tec (among the items listed). One is for a 10 round mag for the P3AT.

http://www.kel-tec-cnc.com/survey/?survey=1

Go vote!
Don Worsham
Varied Movements Performed Intensely

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk