Author Topic: Had an ammo ooops at the last show.  (Read 5510 times)

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Had an ammo ooops at the last show.
« on: March 03, 2009, 07:26:46 PM »
It seems in all the excitement of the last Gun Show, my .45 ACP ammo that I was "stocking up on",  had a .45 Auto Rim Revolver 200gr. JHP bag of 50rds. in the mix.

Well, I don't have a .45 Auto Rim Revolver firearm.  This is Georgia Arms new ammo, and of course, they don't take refunds or exchanges.

Here's some pics:

Left to right: .45ACP, .45 Auto Rim Revolver, .45 Long Colt.

If anyone has a compatible firearm that wants this ammo, I'll give it to a DRTV member. Just PM me. No charge.

Looks like a bad a** round I just don't have the pistol to fit it.

Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

ericire12

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
Re: Had an ammo ooops at the last show.
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2009, 07:40:18 PM »
Well arent you Mr. Charity......... Can I get some of your safe queens that you havent shot in a while gratis
Everything I needed to learn in life I learned from Country Music.

bjtraz

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2009, 07:43:21 PM »
I don't have a compatible gun, but wanted to thank/commend you for free offer. It is very considerate of you to do this.

Brian
NRA & NAHC Life Member, American Legion

CZShooter

• IDPA SO/MD, NRA RSO
  • Top Forum Member
  • CZ75...the choice of anime's hottest bounty hunter
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2009, 07:47:15 PM »
I think you're going about this the wrong way...that's the perfect excuse to get a gun to shoot the ammo you now have.  ;)
If the women don't find you handsome...they should at least find you handy.

ericire12

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2009, 07:48:33 PM »
I think you're going about this the wrong way...that's the perfect excuse to get a gun to shoot the ammo you now have.  ;)

Ding ding ding.......

+1
Everything I needed to learn in life I learned from Country Music.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 09:34:46 AM »

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2009, 07:50:36 PM »
What gun shoots it ???
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

Buckwheat McCoy

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2009, 08:00:15 PM »
S&W 45 CAL Model 1950, AKA Model 25-2, 6" barrel.  Cylinder is chambered for 45 Auto Rim.  Will also use 45 ACP with moon clips.

I live in SW Oregon.  What do I have to do?

In advance, thanks.

Dr.Ken

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2009, 08:03:59 PM »
The 45 auto rim (others feel free to correct me) works in 45 acp revolvers so that moonclips are not needed. I became enamored with the 45acp revolver recently and was fortunate enough to find a S&W 625 JM special model and a S&W 325 Thunder Ranch. Both are amazingly cool/fun guns.

Typically, they use moonclips loaded with 45acp, but 45 auto rim is an option for going without the moonclips (must admit I have not bought any yet to try out).

So, hope that helps. If you still have the ammo, I'd definitely be interested. However, would not dream of accepting for free. I do purchase 45long colt ammo from Georgia Arms and can vouch it is quality stuff. I'd be happy to work a deal and send some money for your troubles.

Regards,

- Ken

Dr.Ken

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2009, 08:05:02 PM »
Looks like Buckwheat beat me! Happy hunting.

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2009, 08:08:07 PM »
Here's some info on the round, its been around a LONG time.

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0BQY/is_9_46/ai_64259196

Another cartridge in this category first appeared in 1920 and has quietly "been around" ever since --the .45 Auto Rim. What is that, you say? Isn't that a contradiction in terms: auto rim?

Yep, you're right. Technically, cartridges intended for use in self-loaders normally have no rim, headspacing instead on their case mouth. Conversely, cartridges designed for revolvers have rims, right? Yes again, but in this instance with an interesting story behind it.

Ahead Of Its Time

The story of the .45 Auto Rim is also the story of a famous gun, because it was designed in 1920 by Remington-Peters to be used in Smith & Wesson's about-to-be-introduced ".45 Hand Ejector U.S. Service Model Of 1917." Unveiled by S&W's president. Joseph Wesson, on September 16, 1917, the M1917 is important to firearm history.

Even though the M1917 was a revolver, it was intended from the outset to utilize the .45 ACP cartridge. This was accomplished via an ingenious device that held three cartridges together and provided head spacing as well -- the now-famous "half-moon" clip.

I only have one "string" to the deal.... You MUST post a pic of the pistol that shoots this round.  ;D ;D

Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk