Author Topic: Federal right-to-carry legislation-Nationwide concealed carry reciprocity?  (Read 6295 times)

tombogan03884

Ah, but there in lies the problem, the PEOPLE have gotten lazy and allowed the Politicians to tell us and make laws that aren't needed. But you already knew that.

This is TAB, read some of his other posts on CCW and gun free zones.   ::)
This thread might tell you what I think of his opinions   ;D

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
This is TAB, read some of his other posts on CCW and gun free zones.   ::)
This thread might tell you what I think of his opinions   ;D
Huh?? I'm missing some history/subtext here. Care to to enlighten us newbies?
fightingquaker13

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 85
fightingquaker13

Tab, living and working in kalifornia, has drunk some of the kalifornia kool-aid, and as a result some (many?) of his ideas are, to be kind, rather seriously skewed from a 2A perspective. Every now and then, like a broken clock, he gets something right, but then goes back to offering up his unique perspective on things. One example: his belief that a company's policy against handguns on a business' premises pre-empts a state's constitutional recognition of the citizens' right to carry.

Tom accidentally (I think) quoted bryand71 and then talked about Tab. After blowing up reading something ludicrous from Tab, I've learned to tune him out when he starts offering up the kool-aid. Tom - well, let's just say he has less patience with Tab than I do.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
My views are on CCW are simple.

I like the tx 30-06 law.  Employers have ever right to restrict them on the clock and from private parking lots.  You need to have some type of training to get one, it should inculed the LAW and proof that you have a basic operating procedures of your weapon.  if you screw up while carrying ( ND) you have shown that you can not safely handle firearm and should lose your ccw.

I also strongly dislike   people that say "concealed means concealed" and " that sign holds no wieght of law, so I'll ignore it".  Its a respect thing... you would not go into some ones home with something you knew they didn't want there.  So why thier biz?  Too many of us smal biz owner, are biz is our life. 

I also beleave that states should have the right to choice rather or not the expect another states CCW.

a perfect example of this and its happening right now.   WY is /was in the process of remove some state( maybe, its up in the air now) reciprocity.   Why are they doing this?   Its very simple, the states in question allowed people with misdemeanor drug offenses ( IE joint) to still get a CCW, but WY expressly forbids people that are convicted of those offenses from getting CCWs.

Lets face it, in a perfect world, we would not need CCW permits, then again in a perfect world we would not need guns for SD.  The world we live in is far from perfect...
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

D-Man

• Active Forum Member
    • 5 Arrows Tactical
  • Liked:
Tab, living and working in kalifornia, has drunk some of the kalifornia kool-aid, and as a result some (many?) of his ideas are, to be kind, rather seriously skewed from a 2A perspective. Every now and then, like a broken clock, he gets something right, but then goes back to offering up his unique perspective on things. One example: his belief that a company's policy against handguns on a business' premises pre-empts a state's constitutional recognition of the citizens' right to carry.

Tom accidentally (I think) quoted bryand71 and then talked about Tab. After blowing up reading something ludicrous from Tab, I've learned to tune him out when he starts offering up the kool-aid. Tom - well, let's just say he has less patience with Tab than I do.

KA doesn't have a state constitutional right to keep and bear arms.  The Constitution also allows you to make the rules on your PRIVATE property.  If a company owns the land, they do have the right to say "You can't carry here".  The right to keep and bear arms, as well as private property laws are both Consitutional, how do you explain that?

KA is VERY screwed up on it's laws (I live here as well).  You have to know them better then LEO does around here, or else you are in deep trouble.
Darren

NRA Certified Pistol Instructor / NRA Personal Protection Inside the Home / NRA Metallic & Shotgun Reloading / NRA RSO

UT/FL/VA Certified CCW Instructor

http://www.5arrowstactical.com/

http://twitter.com/5ArrowsTactical

http://www.nevadabackcountrytours.com/

Semper Fidelis!

Blessed be the Lord my Rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle - Psalm 144:1

Sponsor

tombogan03884

fightingquaker13

Some how I lost the link 
http://www.downrange.tv/forum/index.php/topic,2609.0.html

KA doesn't have a state constitutional right to keep and bear arms.  The Constitution also allows you to make the rules on your PRIVATE property.  If a company owns the land, they do have the right to say "You can't carry here".  The right to keep and bear arms, as well as private property laws are both Consitutional, how do you explain that?

KA is VERY screwed up on it's laws (I live here as well).  You have to know them better then LEO does around here, or else you are in deep trouble.

One of the subjects that has come up in the past involving "private property", is workplaces and businesses. TAB maintains that the Company owner may exercise the same rights as a home owner since your presence is "voluntary",  others, (me  ;D ) maintain that if you want the job or service you have to go to the supplier, there fore presence is NOT voluntary,  and the proprietor has no say over your legal non disruptive behavior.

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
Tom, I should give you the number of my workmens comp company... if after 5 mins you don't beleave they are the devil... That or fax you over a copy of the polucy... is about 125 pages...  It will make you want to scream.

jaybet

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member, DRTV Ranger, Guitar Player
    • Bluebone- Burnin' and Smokin'
  • Liked:
Worker's Comp.....now there's a bill that will get your heinie in a winder.
I got the blues as my companion.

www.bluebone.net

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
it runs about half what you pay your employees per hour...

jaybet

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member, DRTV Ranger, Guitar Player
    • Bluebone- Burnin' and Smokin'
  • Liked:
...depends on the business category. We have a sandwich shop and it's about a thousand a year. When I was a GC, it was about 15% of my payroll. Independent Roofers have a hard time getting it at all and I think it's something like 20-25% of payroll, PLUS some of the companies make you insure yourself even though the owner can't collect.

I guess our government isn't watching THAT store either.
I got the blues as my companion.

www.bluebone.net

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk