Author Topic: Tactical Knives  (Read 69741 times)

philw

• Top Forum Member
  • Aussie Aussie Aussie, Oi Oi Oi
    • Australian Hunting Net
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Tactical Knives
« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2009, 07:58:27 AM »
both of those would be a felony in CA.

its one of those laws that was put on the books back in the gold rush days.  out of fear of the chinese. numchucks are the same.

you can walk around with a sword on your belt, but take some rope and tie it too two sticks= felony. ( not joking about the sowrd.) oddly enought you can have a folding knife of any length concealed, but you can not conceal a fixed blade.

don't worry mate   they are classed as a Prohibited weapon over here,   

for me to have it,   I have to have one ( collecting )   I need to have a register book listing my collection

if I was to have them on me while out on the street and found with it by the police  I will get convicted of being in possession of a Prohibited weapon  yet I am allowed to have it stored at home  go figure 

that is the same for numchucks, flick knives, Kubatan, Extendible batons     so I am planning on getting all hehe ;)
Here’s to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They’re not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo. You can praise them, disagree with them, quote them, disbelieve them, glorify or vilify them. The only thing you can’t do is ignore them

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: June 10, 2009, 08:17:07 AM »
don't worry mate   they are classed as a Prohibited weapon over here,   

for me to have it,   I have to have one ( collecting )   I need to have a register book listing my collection

if I was to have them on me while out on the street and found with it by the police  I will get convicted of being in possession of a Prohibited weapon  yet I am allowed to have it stored at home  go figure 

that is the same for numchucks, flick knives, Kubatan, Extendible batons     so I am planning on getting all hehe ;)
No offense Phil, but if you can't carry it, why own it? If someone enters your home I assume you'll go for that Taurus rather than a knife. On the street you would be better off with a folder, pepper spray, or a good stout shileaghleagh (I mean walking stick) ;D all of which I presume are legal. Rememember that SD doesn't end when the last BG hits the floor, it just moves on to phase two, keeping your ass out of jail. An illegal weapon is no one's friend.Just my $.02.
FQ13

RTFM

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life member 2015
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: June 10, 2009, 08:28:44 AM »
For years now I've carried a Benchmade 520 " Presidio"

Interesting story, 2008 SHOT show I was talking with the Benchmade guys, and they told me that I had one of the OOPS knives that made it out the door with the wrong blade cut.

The knife is discontinued now, but when it was made it should have a Sabre grind blade (bevel on both sides example #3) and mine has a chisel grind (bevel on one side example #4 ) 

Benchmade said "retire it - it's a rare knife that makes it out incorrect" But I love it so much that I just can't get my self to let it go.
My only issue is the reliefs in the scales, they are cut Aluminum and they grip like a mad crocodile in my hand, but inserting and removing from my pants is dismal, it's like a saw blade going in and out and destroys the lip of my pockets in less than 6 - 9 months.

The price you pay for the knife you love.

philw

• Top Forum Member
  • Aussie Aussie Aussie, Oi Oi Oi
    • Australian Hunting Net
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: June 10, 2009, 08:38:41 AM »
No offense Phil, but if you can't carry it, why own it? If someone enters your home I assume you'll go for that Taurus rather than a knife. On the street you would be better off with a folder, pepper spray, or a good stout shileaghleagh (I mean walking stick) ;D all of which I presume are legal. Rememember that SD doesn't end when the last BG hits the floor, it just moves on to phase two, keeping your ass out of jail. An illegal weapon is no one's friend.Just my $.02.
FQ13

caus I wanted one   ;D ;D

it is for my collection       I would like to go for the Taurus  however with how well it is locked away  that makes it hard   and over  here  just carrying a knife  can get you in the crap  unless you can justify why   and don't even think about saying self defense
Here’s to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They’re not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo. You can praise them, disagree with them, quote them, disbelieve them, glorify or vilify them. The only thing you can’t do is ignore them

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: June 10, 2009, 08:47:39 AM »
caus I wanted one   ;D ;D

it is for my collection       I would like to go for the Taurus  however with how well it is locked away  that makes it hard   and over  here  just carrying a knife  can get you in the crap  unless you can justify why   and don't even think about saying self defense
But you were just cleaning it and left it on the night stand when you fell asleep, yeah? ;D
FQ13

Sponsor

« Reply #35 on: Today at 05:35:37 PM »

Kid Shelleen

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: June 10, 2009, 05:43:09 PM »

Blackout: Dark as night, this SpeedSafe fast-opener is a covert must have. A gentle drop-point blade is coated with Titanium Nitride.

Steel - Quality 440A stainless-steel blades with 55-57 Rockwell hardness rating and ti-nitride coating
Handle - Polyamide
Blade - 3 1/4" (8.4 cm)
Closed - 4 1/2" (11.3 cm)
Weight - 3.5 oz

- Heat-treated 410 stainless-steel liners
- Removable pocket clip
I like your choice Path. Love Kershaws, Especially Ken Onion Speed safes. I used to carry my Blackout most of the time but recently switched to a Shallot. I like how thin the Shallot is and it is slightly larger with a 3 and 1/2 inch blade. Steel is Sandvik 13C26 stainless and keeps an edge longer than my Blackout did. Downside is that the Blackout has a better grip. I have about 20 Kershaws including all of the KO damascus models. I have at least another 50 or so of other manufacturers.

I know I have a little problem.

My carry folder is almost always a Kershaw. Also have Benchmades, Bokers, Spydercos, Sogs, Weidmansheils, some customs and a few other brands.
“What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that the people preserve the spirit of resistance?”

Thomas Jefferson, 1787

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #36 on: June 11, 2009, 03:45:31 AM »
leek or scalon is my every day knife.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

Ping

• Top Forum Member
  • Glock Certified Armorer & NRA Certified Instructor
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: June 11, 2009, 08:36:40 PM »
Smith and Wesson SWAT Automatic is my everyday knife. Though I like the new Blade Tech knife I just got. A little more compact and legal.

Kid Shelleen

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: June 11, 2009, 11:34:15 PM »
leek or scalon is my every day knife.
Both are awesome. I like the Leek a little better. Used to carry a leek quite a bit as well before the Shallot was released.
Can't believe that BS from Customs wanting to reclassify assisted openers as switchblades.
“What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that the people preserve the spirit of resistance?”

Thomas Jefferson, 1787

JSC3ATLCSO

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: June 12, 2009, 12:26:16 AM »
SOG Vision.. Expensive Knife but it is very tough.  I have never had a tougher knife. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk