Author Topic: Tactical Knives  (Read 69734 times)

Ping

• Top Forum Member
  • Glock Certified Armorer & NRA Certified Instructor
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Tactical Knives
« Reply #70 on: September 29, 2009, 10:57:23 PM »
Lost my bucklite at a Nine Inch Nails/Marylin Manson Concert at Ball State University in Muncie, Indiana around 1994 david86440. I have missed that knife ever since. Used to carry it on my keychain. I could have skinned a deer with that pocket knife and got it while I was in the Air Force at Aviano Air Base, Italy. I miss that little knife!!!!

yankeefist

• Forum Member
    • yankeefist.net
  • Liked:
« Reply #71 on: October 01, 2009, 07:26:11 PM »
everyday I carry a Benchmade 770
for a sheath knife I prefer this little gem from http://etowahedgeandtool.com

Jackel

• life member of the American Honketonk bar association
  • Top Forum Member
  • F150 n' a 30-06
  • Liked:
« Reply #72 on: October 01, 2009, 07:33:33 PM »
nice sharp there, looks like a nice thrower too.

head on over to the new member intro and tell us bout yourself.

http://www.downrange.tv/forum/index.php?topic=19.0
you are a redneck when You think "loading the dishwasher" means getting your wife drunk.

You know your a redneck You ever got too drunk to fish.

tombogan03884

« Reply #73 on: October 01, 2009, 08:44:12 PM »
If I ever have $200 to spend on a knife this guy is getting it.

Ping

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #74 on: October 01, 2009, 11:30:34 PM »
Now that is a slicer or dicer that would prefer yankeefist!!!!!!

Sponsor

« Reply #75 on: Today at 02:34:25 PM »

Walter45Auto

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #75 on: October 02, 2009, 12:46:22 AM »
"If You seek to do me harm, I don't care about your past." - Michael Bane

L.E. Keeney

• Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #76 on: October 07, 2009, 01:45:34 PM »
One of my all-time "tactical" folder favorites is my Spyderco Yojimbo.

I tried not to like it, I really did, but it grew on me.

It's shorter than legally permissible, but still deadly and quick, and yes, its great for opening boxes too. ;D

Recently, Ive been using it for dangerous things like cutting cardboard and plastic sheeting for a jaycee haunted house.

The only problem I see is it is almost impossible to close it one-handed due to the location of the lock.

The knife is no longer a production item, but I encourage people to seek them out.

Ping

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #77 on: October 07, 2009, 10:57:56 PM »
Sounds interesting L.E. Keeney. I do like Spyderco products.

Ksail101

• Airborne all the way!!!
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #78 on: October 08, 2009, 11:12:34 AM »
My favorites right now are:

Spyderco Military -This is my everyday carry pocket knife. It is a bit on the large side but I find I have no problems doing the little things that sometimes require a smaller blade. It is incredibly light of its size and great grips. I have it in Safety Orange and find that people view more as a tool and dont take a step back when I pull it out to use instead of the many frightened looks I used to get pulling out my All Black Kershaw Blur.

I am not a believer that one knife is the "do it all knife" and find when I out in eastern washington at my cabin a fixed blade knife is a must. From gutting a caught fish and getting it ready to cook over the open campfire by the Columbia River, to just playing with sticks and whittling a point at the end I think a fix blade is more suitable. If it can do these things I am sure I would do great as a tactical fixed blade. The only thing that would need to be modified is the sheath, but you can get those, I am sure, from a bunch of places.

I recently have fallen in love with my SOG Bowie 2.0. It is a six inch blade and is modeled after the original SOG knife used in Vietnam. Unlike its bigger brother SOG Super Bowie I find the blade more controllable and it is actually built to the original specs that Ben Baker designed for the SOG and other CISO operators. I was reluctant to use it at first cause of its beauty, but I found out quick it was made to be used. It re-sharpens easily and holds an edge very well.

I use an array of other knives at times also. Kershaw Whirlwind and a Ka-Bar of course are a couple others that I like. Gerber LMF II is really a good all around knife as well.

Those are my favorites right now. I really like reading about what everyone else enjoys
Did we win???

Overload

• Lefty Expert
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #79 on: October 08, 2009, 07:35:09 PM »
My favorites right now are:

Spyderco Military -This is my everyday carry pocket knife. It is a bit on the large side but I find I have no problems doing the little things that sometimes require a smaller blade. It is incredibly light of its size and great grips. I have it in Safety Orange and find that people view more as a tool and dont take a step back when I pull it out to use instead of the many frightened looks I used to get pulling out my All Black Kershaw Blur.

Spyderco just released a run of lleft handed Military.  I'd never aquired one due to being a lefty, and the knife being a liner lock.  The lefty is in my pocket today.  It does seem a bit big, mainly the handle to blade ratio.  Still, it's doing everything I've asked of it, and the handle hasn't poked me through my pocket (a normal advantage of tip down carry).
We have seen the future: and it's expensive. -Michael Bane
Home of the Tickle Me Pamela Anderson. -Michael Bane
Weasels are the switchblade-carrying psychos of the animal world, the meanest creatures on the planet by aggression-level-to-body-weight ratio. -Marko Kloos

Overload in Colorado

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk