Author Topic: Mo House OKs Concealed Carry on Campus  (Read 6408 times)

charliefarmerboy33

• Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Mo House OKs Concealed Carry on Campus
« on: April 09, 2009, 05:59:33 AM »
The Missouri house has moved forward on a bill that will lower the age to obtain a concealed carry permit to 21. Allow carry on College campus' and allow the use of deadly force on private property (the so called castle doctrine)

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/M/MO_XGR_CONCEALED_GUNS_MOOL-?SITE=MOCAP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember what you said.

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
Re: Mo House OKs Concealed Carry on Campus
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2009, 08:27:46 AM »
What is the age now?
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

JC5123

• Top Forum Member
  • Fortune sides with him who dares.
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2009, 12:33:47 PM »
I thought it was legal to carry on a college campus as long as the Dean and campus security were aware of it????
I am a member of my nation's chosen soldiery.
God grant that I may not be found wanting,
that I will not fail this sacred trust.

Shiv

• Forum Member
  • Mustard on mah biskeet, mmm hhhm
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2009, 04:25:06 PM »
Haz:  The current legal age for CCW in MO is 23.

JC5123:  In MO you can't carry in any type of school that gets state funding, especially if the dean and security are aware of it!

The article references one politician making note of the silly things college students do.  Well, most of the students over 21 or 23 are in a masters or doctoral program and have little or no inclination to do such things.  The others are usually like myself, vets who went back to school after serving in the military and have grown light years beyond the crazed activities of a 19 year old wasted on 3.2% beer.  I am not seeing a downside to having people responsible enough to continue their education beyond 90% of attendees, or veterans, having concealed firearms on a campus. 

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2009, 04:30:10 PM »
23?  Odd number.  Wonder why it was picked.

In FL no guns on ANY school grounds K-12 and college.
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 03:17:25 AM »

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2009, 04:30:52 PM »

JC5123:  In MO you can't carry in any type of school that gets state funding, especially if the dean and security are aware of it!

The article references one politician making note of the silly things college students do.  Well, most of the students over 21 or 23 are in a masters or doctoral program and have little or no inclination to do such things.  The others are usually like myself, vets who went back to school after serving in the military and have grown light years beyond the crazed activities of a 19 year old wasted on 3.2% beer.  I am not seeing a downside to having people responsible enough to continue their education beyond 90% of attendees, or veterans, having concealed firearms on a campus. 

As long as the school can keep them out of the dorms (too much stoned/drunken weirdness, low room security etc) I don't see why not.
FQ13

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2009, 04:33:15 PM »
23?  Odd number.  Wonder why it was picked.

In FL no guns on ANY school grounds K-12 and college.
Question on that Haz. The regs seem a bit unclear on whether a private school can allow them or are they still verboten?
FQ13

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2009, 05:08:33 PM »
(2)(a)  A person shall not possess any firearm, electric weapon or device, destructive device, or other weapon as defined in s. 790.001(13), including a razor blade or box cutter, except as authorized in support of school-sanctioned activities, at a school-sponsored event or on the property of any school, school bus, or school bus stop; however, a person may carry a firearm:

1.  In a case to a firearms program, class or function which has been approved in advance by the principal or chief administrative officer of the school as a program or class to which firearms could be carried;

2.  In a case to a career center having a firearms training range; or

3.  In a vehicle pursuant to s. 790.25(5); except that school districts may adopt written and published policies that waive the exception in this subparagraph for purposes of student and campus parking privileges.

For the purposes of this section, "school" means any preschool, elementary school, middle school, junior high school, secondary school, career center, or postsecondary school, whether public or nonpublic.

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&Search_String=&URL=Ch0790/SEC115.HTM&Title=->2008->Ch0790->Section%20115#0790.115

JC5123

• Top Forum Member
  • Fortune sides with him who dares.
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2009, 05:10:37 PM »

I only questioned it because college campus is fair game here, but you have to let campus security know. Their reason for that is so that if somehow someone sees your goods, and alerts security, they can check the list and say, "they're legal".
I am a member of my nation's chosen soldiery.
God grant that I may not be found wanting,
that I will not fail this sacred trust.

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2009, 05:13:12 PM »
JC,

My post is a reply to FQ13 and only applies in Florida.

I wish it was that CCW holders could carry on school grounds but no go here.  :(

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk