Author Topic: Help seeker_two pick a .22....  (Read 11160 times)

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Help seeker_two pick a .22....
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2009, 09:12:29 AM »
I'm with the Cat.  My Single Six is "spot on" when it comes to shooting.  Spend the few dollars extra for adjustable sights.

Absolutely!
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

tombogan03884

« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2009, 09:28:58 AM »
{I'll bravely step into the water here}

One might argue that without a safety or a de-cocker SAs are even less safe than other types of actions.

Yes, a single action wheel gun will shoot anything, however hitting your target is another matter.    If you get a kick out of SA shooting by all means go for it, but you're replacing accuracy with nostalgia.

Alf

To me single action involves the letters T and C.  And for a wheel gun,  S and W.

I don't know Alf ? Pull trigger, hammer drops, sounds like two (double) action to me  ;D

ericire12

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2009, 09:33:32 AM »
Everything I needed to learn in life I learned from Country Music.

tombogan03884

« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2009, 09:38:37 AM »
Give Heritage a look:
http://www.downrange.tv/reviews/showproduct.php/product/36/cat/21

A freind of mine has one he likes and it was about $200.
Personally I don't like the MIM hammer, but that's because I'm an unemployed machine operator.

shooter32

• shooter32
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 41
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2009, 09:46:11 AM »
Ruger Single Six three screw - my first gun and still going strong today.. ;D

Find the revolver that fits you ;)

A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have. ~ Gerald Ford - August 12, 1974

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 06:33:38 AM »

HAWKFISH

• Top Forum Member
  • One thing I've learned. **"It's hit or be hit."**
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2009, 12:44:52 PM »
No to the Earl just for safety (no trigger guard).

Unless you have real small hands I would also say no to the Bearcat.

Get a Ruger Single Six.  They come in every 'flavor' you can think of, (stainless, blue, any barrel length, with 22 Mag Cylander, etc).  It will become a treasured heirloom to pass on.  It is also (IMO) the BEST gun to start a new shooter.

Umm... yeah I agree with Hazcat on this one. I'd go for the Ruger.

Michael Bane

• Global Moderator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Host & Editor-in-chief
    • michaelBane.tv
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2009, 02:35:28 PM »
I've got 3 Single Sixes, and a Single Six was the first handgun I ever shot...needless to say I have a soft spot in my heart for the little guns...

mb
Michael Bane, Majordomo @ MichaelBane.TV

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1078
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2009, 04:50:59 PM »
Give Heritage a look:
http://www.downrange.tv/reviews/showproduct.php/product/36/cat/21

A freind of mine has one he likes and it was about $200.
Personally I don't like the MIM hammer, but that's because I'm an unemployed machine operator.

Just inherited a Heritage 6.5" last week myself. My F-I-L passed away back at Thanksgiving, and after studying on it a spell, my M-I-L thought I might like to have it. She stayed with us a few days after having eye surgery and gave it to me when we picked her up.
Have not shot it yet, but I like the look and feel. It's definitely not Ruger quality but seems like a good gun for what was paid for it (around $200 with tax). Might have to do a range report in the near future.

"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

seeker_two

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2009, 05:28:57 PM »
Thanks for the info, y'all.   ;D

I've thought about the Single-Six, but I'd rather not have that much weight invested in a .22lr for plinkin' and woodsbummin'.  And I'm not a big fan of adjustable sights....when I find a load I like, I break out the file & never have to worry about losing zero.  And I've known a few guys who have taken a spare Bearcat cylinder and had it reamed out for .22Mag...never had any problems shooting it. It's on my to-do list, too....

I've owned a Heritage, and it was a great gun. Never got used to the "safety" that I never used. And I did handle a 4" birdshead-gripped one yesterday that was very tempting.....  :P
Why, yes....I'm the right-wing extremist Obama warned you about... ;D

I just wish Texas was as free and independent as everyone thinks it is...   :'(

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2009, 05:36:55 PM »
Well if a Single Six is too much $ maybe look at the Charter Arms Pathfinder (DA).  Should be about $300.00
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk