Author Topic: cant decide  (Read 5805 times)

madarcher427

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
cant decide
« on: April 15, 2009, 03:58:34 PM »
i just bought a sig but iam thinking of trading it for a glock for something better to conceal i have a 226 .plus the trigger is hard for to reach .i didnt realize that the one i shoot had different grips on it when i shot it .plus it is abit on the bulky side .i know i should of researched it better .but i wanted to hurry up & get it before the wife changed her mind

Timothy

Re: cant decide
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2009, 04:28:49 PM »
i just bought a sig but iam thinking of trading it for a glock for something better to conceal i have a 226 .plus the trigger is hard for to reach .i didnt realize that the one i shoot had different grips on it when i shot it .plus it is abit on the bulky side .i know i should of researched it better .but i wanted to hurry up & get it before the wife changed her mind

For what you paid for Sig P226 you could buy two Glocks..

Try selling it on consignment rather than trade down...used guns are selling for at or near new gun prices.  M&P 9c is a little over 500 bucks new...

madarcher427

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2009, 04:31:28 PM »
thank you !

Timothy

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2009, 04:40:42 PM »
thank you !

Take your time, find something that works, fits, serves the purpose you need it too (CCarry or target) and goes bang every time...  Depending on your experience level, Glock, M&P or even small revolvers work for new shooters and train, train, train.....and train some more...

SigShooter

• Very Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2009, 04:57:47 PM »
I can't talk you out of the Sig. But I think you should be aware of a short trigger Sig offers that may correct the issue you're experiencing. You'll have to spend more money on an aready pricey gun, but it may be more worth while than losing money on what you've already paid if you can correct the length of pull issue.

Everyday I think maybe I should have become a Glock fan over that of Sig, but then I realize why I started on Sigs in the first place. It's build quality and the ergonomics (for my hand).
From my cold dead hands...to my next of kin to further our rights.

Never to the government. They can buy their own.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 06:19:36 AM »

madarcher427

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2009, 05:26:52 PM »
I can't talk you out of the Sig. But I think you should be aware of a short trigger Sig offers that may correct the issue you're experiencing. You'll have to spend more money on an aready pricey gun, but it may be more worth while than losing money on what you've already paid if you can correct the length of pull issue.

Everyday I think maybe I should have become a Glock fan over that of Sig, but then I realize why I started on Sigs in the first place. It's build quality and the ergonomics (for my hand).
i know what your saying the sig is a great gun trust me its atuff choice .so far i havent been able to find the short trigger in stock any where .& then i would have to have put in .

when i was looking for a gun it came down ot the sig & the glock & everyone i talked to say said i couldnt go wrong with either one

Timothy

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2009, 05:30:23 PM »
Contact Sig and see if they will do the install for you.  It's a great idea and you'de have the gun you want.  Sig makes a very accurate and durable pistol.  The weight you can get used to and a very good holster could make the difference.

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2009, 07:18:30 PM »
Contact Sig and see if they will do the install for you.  It's a great idea and you'de have the gun you want.  Sig makes a very accurate and durable pistol.  The weight you can get used to and a very good holster could make the difference.

+1 I have dealt with Sig CS, and they are solution oriented, and very professional. There just might be a way to get the one you can really enjoy.
Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

Ping

• Top Forum Member
  • Glock Certified Armorer & NRA Certified Instructor
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2009, 07:26:05 PM »
I had a Glock 17 and traded it for a Sig P220. Could not hit a darn thing with it and shots went way left. I have always shot expert marksmen in all qualifications and wondered what I was doing wrong? I traded the Sig of a few weeks later for a Glock 22 at a gun show. Did not buy another .45 caliber pistol till my Glock 21 SF. I do love the Smith and Wesson M&P Series also.

tombogan03884

« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2009, 07:43:54 PM »
Keep the Sig, NH needs the jobs.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk