Author Topic: So disappointed.....  (Read 16304 times)

david86440

Re: So disappointed.....
« Reply #40 on: June 16, 2009, 10:20:44 PM »
Corn Palace.

Yes, Corn Palace..... Mitchell, SD

red364

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #41 on: June 17, 2009, 06:43:14 PM »

Not even a mag, t-shirt, hat, bumper sticker, gift certificate, coupon, voucher, NUTHIN!!!!! >:(

The day after my gun came home I got two mags...Melissa said she would send one, but I got two instead........woooooo!!!

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #42 on: June 17, 2009, 06:54:22 PM »
The day after my gun came home I got two mags...Melissa said she would send one, but I got two instead........woooooo!!!

Does Melissa have a sister with mags? ::)

Uh, how did you acquire these mags? Purchase? S&W generosity? Lotto?

Those mags in my area are close to $40 bucks.  :-\
Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

david86440

« Reply #43 on: June 17, 2009, 07:41:24 PM »
My PPK/s arrived today from Houlton.

The note inside the box says they also polished the feed ramp but it doesn't look polished to me.

It would have been nice if they told me it had been shipped. Luckily I was home when UPS dropped it off.

I am happy to have it back!

brosometal

• Top Forum Member
  • Still a Grade A 1 smart donkey! DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: June 17, 2009, 07:57:23 PM »
Yes, Corn Palace..... Mitchell, SD

I know.  I was saying that that was one of the places I wouldn't mind forgetting.  On a swing through the upper mid-west we visited Mt. Rushmore, a SAC base with no airplanes and 3 helicopters, Yellowstone, Cody Rodeo, etc.  Corn Palace was one of the places that we visited and while I appreciated the art involved, the 2+ hr car ride to see corn nailed to the side of a building was one of the things that trip I could of lived without.
The person who has nothing for which his is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.
- J.S. Mill

Sponsor

« Reply #45 on: Today at 10:32:55 AM »

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #45 on: June 17, 2009, 08:03:39 PM »
Good going david! Everyone is getting there's but me,,,,,, :-\

Alright, my whining's over.

How's the dimple behind the trigger? Polishing feed ramp?

As I have posted, I am shooting the heck out of mine when I get it back, if you shoot yours soon, post a report.

My decocker was stiff as hell, prior to the recall, was yours?

Just trying to get some comparative analysis.
Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #46 on: June 17, 2009, 08:34:18 PM »
I know.  I was saying that that was one of the places I wouldn't mind forgetting.  On a swing through the upper mid-west we visited Mt. Rushmore, a SAC base with no airplanes and 3 helicopters, Yellowstone, Cody Rodeo, etc.  Corn Palace was one of the places that we visited and while I appreciated the art involved, the 2+ hr car ride to see corn nailed to the side of a building was one of the things that trip I could of lived without.

I love that drive from Yellowstone's east gate to Cody - TR said it was the most beautiful 50 miles in the US.

Did you at least go to the Cabela's just down the road from the Corn Palace? And you had to have stopped in to see Wall Drug too, right?  ;D

PS: My Dad did his B-17 flight training at Ellsworth - before it was Ellsworth, before it was a SAC base even. Got buzzed up by Belle Fourche by a B-1 from Ellsworth at about 1000 feet and less than 1/4 mile away. Very loud and very damn impressive.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

david86440

« Reply #47 on: June 17, 2009, 08:42:28 PM »
Good going david! Everyone is getting there's but me,,,,,, :-\

Alright, my whining's over.

How's the dimple behind the trigger? Polishing feed ramp?

As I have posted, I am shooting the heck out of mine when I get it back, if you shoot yours soon, post a report.

My decocker was stiff as hell, prior to the recall, was yours?

Just trying to get some comparative analysis.

The little punch mark is barely noticeable.

I will try to get to the range tomorrow to try it out. It came back really dirty and needs a good cleaning.

My decocker was stiff if I moved it when the hammer was cocked, but not enough so to bother me and I think it feels about the same now.

I should have taken a picture of the polished feed ramp but forgot to, but it doesn't look like my Para with a polished ramp. It's still dull, not shiney. It may look better after I clean it.

I just disassembled and cleaned off the feed ramp and it does look polished now that it's clean.

brosometal

• Top Forum Member
  • Still a Grade A 1 smart donkey! DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #48 on: June 17, 2009, 08:49:36 PM »
That was almost 22 years ago.  I can't remember if there was a Cabela's there or not.  We bypassed Wall Drug as my dad had a quiet hatred for "tourist traps".  That entire area is amazing.  There are so many things I could talk about.  Ellsworth was funny.  When we stopped there to take the tour, all the base's B-52s had been mothballed and they were waiting for the B-1Bs to be delivered.  There were only three Air Force Hueys on the entire base.  My dad tried to sneak across a meadow to get a good picture of the bison in Custer State Park.  After about 30 mins. of careful stalking, my dad had his shot.  We then jumped in the car and rounded a curve where a herd of roughly 5,000 bison were crossing the road, holding us up for an additional 30 mins.  There was also the sub freezing temps in early July in Yellowstone not to even begin to mention the beauty contained in that National Park.  After the Custer incident, bison were so old hat in Yellowstone.   I would love to go back in the winter to see the park snow-covered.  It would be living in a post card with the opportunity to leave when the snow gets old.
The person who has nothing for which his is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.
- J.S. Mill

red364

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #49 on: June 18, 2009, 02:08:14 PM »

Uh, how did you acquire these mags? Purchase? S&W generosity? Lotto?

They're "hush" mags I guess.........maybe they feel a little bad about sending me the wrong gun back. It's defintely all good now though     ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk