Author Topic: CCW..Recommendations on calibers and holsters  (Read 30137 times)

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1079
Re: CCW..Recommendations on calibers and holsters
« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2009, 09:05:30 PM »
What we need on this board, Peg is a few Georgia Peaches.  ;)

"Why Haz, whatevah do you mean?"

***NOTE***
It would be better than just a couple of us Ga pine cones, I reckon.   ;)
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

ericire12

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2009, 09:34:12 PM »
What we need on this board, Peg is a few Georgia Peaches.  ;)

I think he meant to say that Peg is a few Georgia peaches short of a basket. ;)
Everything I needed to learn in life I learned from Country Music.

Kid Shelleen

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2009, 11:06:21 PM »

Glad to see other people with Walthers.  I have a collection.  ;D ;D

You're a lucky man.

Right now I have my PPS, A S&W PPKS and a PPKS Aristocrat. My next Walther will likely be a P22.

Any recomendations?  I'll bet you've got quite a few of the German models.
“What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that the people preserve the spirit of resistance?”

Thomas Jefferson, 1787

tombogan03884

« Reply #33 on: June 07, 2009, 11:16:30 PM »
"A S&W PPKS and a PPKS Aristocrat."

Saying that is bound to annoy a few here who are still waiting to get their guns back from recall work.

True_Texan

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: June 08, 2009, 01:27:18 AM »
As far as holsters go, I can't recommend the Crossbreed SuperTuck Deluxe holster enough.

I carry a Taurus 24/7 Pro in .45 in that Crossbreed holster. Any of my shirts will cover it just fine. Plus, if I have to be dressed nicely with a tucked in shirt, the holster still works with the shirt tucked in over it. I also keep a LCP in my truck for those quick emergency trips to the convenience store. Drop in a pocket with a DeSantis Nemesis Pocket Holster and off you go.

I change it up occasionally and carry something different, but the Taurus/Crossbreed setup is my main rig.
"Before giving someone a piece of your mind, be sure you have enough to spare."

Sponsor

« Reply #35 on: Today at 10:57:54 PM »

True_Texan

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: June 08, 2009, 02:09:53 AM »
Hot dang, another south Georgia member (I'm in Tift county).....take us a while to catch all the Texas fellers on here.    ;D

You may wanna just give up on that and move down here... After all, if you can't beat'em, join'em.  ;D

Don't worry, there are plenty of peaches in Fredericksburg: Texas Hill Country Peaches and Fruit
"Before giving someone a piece of your mind, be sure you have enough to spare."

long762range

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: June 08, 2009, 09:11:49 AM »
Got quite a few peaches here in Texas.   

;D
"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous.  If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid for."

1911 Junkie

• Top Forum Member
  • aka Mr 4000
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: June 08, 2009, 09:45:33 AM »
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.........................juicy......... 8)
"I'd love to spit some Beechnut in that dudes eye and shoot him with my old .45"  Hank Jr.

FyreSarge

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: June 08, 2009, 10:12:20 AM »
No doubt, G.R.I.T.S. (IMHO) are the best!  Of course, I've been told if you cull 'em,you'll go to hell.
Sarge

JSC3ATLCSO

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: June 08, 2009, 10:53:11 AM »
You're a lucky man.

Right now I have my PPS, A S&W PPKS and a PPKS Aristocrat. My next Walther will likely be a P22.

Any recomendations?  I'll bet you've got quite a few of the German models.

I have 2 P99 .40's and a P22 and a G22 (Not GLOCK)

I have shot some of the ppk ppk/s models and they are recomended not to use hallow point ammo with those because they fail to feed.. I personally didn't think it was right for me.  I may get one sometime but they are really cashy.  I would like to get a P99c .40 for CCW the PPS isn't enough smaller to have me go that way.

Side note on the P22.  Mine and a friend that I know that has one had to take the No-Mag safety out of it. We bought some Factory Mags that were siver instead of blue?  Whatever the difference was they wouldn't allow the gun to fire.  After 2 sets of these we came to the conclusion it was this safety and it was taken out.  I personally like the No mag safety removed anyway because you can drop the hammer without putting a mag in the gun.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk