Author Topic: CCW..Recommendations on calibers and holsters  (Read 30119 times)

Timothy

Re: CCW..Recommendations on calibers and holsters
« Reply #40 on: June 08, 2009, 11:26:02 AM »
I've said this before but it deserves repeating!

Save the 300 bucks for the Walter P22 and buy something that goes bang, every time....I have never seen a more unreliable hangun, in any caliber.  It's my opinion.  Nothing against Walther in general as I've shot the PPK extensively though not since S&W got involved.  I'm sure others will disagree and that's fine.

The PPS, I could not find a way to eject a spent magazine without it hitting the palm of my hand and stopping the mag.  I was real close to buying it and that killed it for me.  It seems like a fine little gun.

JSC3ATLCSO

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #41 on: June 08, 2009, 11:31:02 AM »
Only problem with the P22 I have ever had was with the mag safety.  The other guy had to polish the hammer a bit to make the slide work a little smoother.  I have shot a couple of thousand rounds through mine and with little maintence it keeps firing

Timothy

« Reply #42 on: June 08, 2009, 11:35:14 AM »
That's great!

My future SIL bought one for my daughter and I won't, under any circumstances, let her shoot it anymore.  I think he just got a lemon and needs to get rid of it or detroy it.  I don't know if S&W has been any help.

Thankfully, she enjoys her Sig much more and is getting comfy shooting the 9mm.

JSC3ATLCSO

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: June 08, 2009, 11:40:59 AM »
Don't throw it away.. I'd like to see it and diagnose the problems with it. 

And yes.. Walther is the evil Bastard child of S&W.  Customer service sucks when dealing with them about a walther. If it wasn't for Walther they wouldn't have the ability to steal several ideas from them for their M&Ps that I don't really care for... 

This is a general gun forum and everyone is entitled to thier opinions.. maybe I and my friend have exceptionally good P22's but I would like to think you got the lemon

Timothy

« Reply #44 on: June 08, 2009, 11:48:45 AM »
kinda drifting here...

The one experience I've had with S&W wasn't good.  SIL had one of their SW1911 just had bunches of problems.  Mike took it in, they spent a month going through it, gave it back with a note saying "No Problems Exprerienced" and he continued to have trouble.  He eventually got rid of it because he just could not trust it.  That gun was worth about 1200 bucks.

Last weekend, a guy at my range handed me his SW1911PD Doug Koenig LTD, worth about 2500 bucks and had the exact same problems with stovepiping brass on factory ball ammo...great trigger though.

The S&W lines of guns, one of the few gun lines I can buy in MA, is off MY list...again, it's just my opinion.

Sponsor

« Reply #45 on: Today at 12:25:11 AM »

tombogan03884

« Reply #45 on: June 08, 2009, 11:53:00 AM »
kinda drifting here...

The one experience I've had with S&W wasn't good.  SIL had one of their SW1911 just had bunches of problems.  Mike took it in, they spent a month going through it, gave it back with a note saying "No Problems Exprerienced" and he continued to have trouble.  He eventually got rid of it because he just could not trust it.  That gun was worth about 1200 bucks.

Last weekend, a guy at my range handed me his SW1911PD Doug Koenig LTD, worth about 2500 bucks and had the exact same problems with stovepiping brass on factory ball ammo...great trigger though.

The S&W lines of guns, one of the few gun lines I can buy in MA, is off MY list...again, it's just my opinion.

Tim, you realize you should probably qualify that statement as S&W SEMI AUTO guns are off my list.
That's what I do with Ruger, LOVE their revolvers and bolt action rifles, Semi auto's though, (except .22's ) I HATE !

Timothy

« Reply #46 on: June 08, 2009, 11:54:23 AM »
Tim, you realize you should probably qualify that statement as S&W SEMI AUTO guns are off my list.
That's what I do with Ruger, LOVE their revolvers and bolt action rifles, Semi auto's though, (except .22's ) I HATE !

Agreed!  What Tom said!!! ;D

Kid Shelleen

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: June 08, 2009, 03:01:07 PM »

I have 2 P99 .40's and a P22 and a G22 (Not GLOCK)

I have shot some of the ppk ppk/s models and they are recomended not to use hallow point ammo with those because they fail to feed.. I personally didn't think it was right for me.  I may get one sometime but they are really cashy.  I would like to get a P99c .40 for CCW the PPS isn't enough smaller to have me go that way.

Side note on the P22.  Mine and a friend that I know that has one had to take the No-Mag safety out of it. We bought some Factory Mags that were siver instead of blue?  Whatever the difference was they wouldn't allow the gun to fire.  After 2 sets of these we came to the conclusion it was this safety and it was taken out.  I personally like the No mag safety removed anyway because you can drop the hammer without putting a mag in the gun.

Thanks for the info and thanks to everyone else for the info on the P22. I was looking for something light and easy to start out my very petite 16 y/o daughter on. I think that I'll pass on the P22 and maybe get her a Sig Mosquito....any thoughts on that one?

Regarding the PPKS and hollow points, I've run many Hydra-Shoks and Hornady Critical Defense through with no problems at all.

“What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that the people preserve the spirit of resistance?”

Thomas Jefferson, 1787

Kid Shelleen

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #48 on: June 08, 2009, 03:56:49 PM »
Got quite a few peaches here in Texas.   

;D
Some mighty fine lookin' peaches. Fortunately for those of us living in Texas we always have a bumper crop!!! Sure makes me happy that the picture posted again.
“What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that the people preserve the spirit of resistance?”

Thomas Jefferson, 1787

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: June 08, 2009, 04:09:23 PM »
Some mighty fine lookin' peaches. Fortunately for those of us living in Texas we always have a bumper crop!!! Sure makes me happy that the picture posted again.
And I had to teach them every day. All looking, no touching allowed. I don't know if it was heaven or hell. ;)
FQ13

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk