Author Topic: Despite recent violence laws are softening. "POLL"  (Read 3865 times)

Luv2Shoot

• Active Forum Member
  • Join the NRA... Do it NOW...
    • NRA Link
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Despite recent violence laws are softening. "POLL"
« on: June 07, 2009, 09:18:24 AM »
Couldn't they have made this article anymore bias.

Let's flood their voting poll... and VOTE.

http://www.parade.com/news/intelligence-report/archive/despite-recent-violence-gun-laws-are-softening.html
"Never hold in a fart. They travel up your spine into your brain and that's where crappy ideas come from..."

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent."

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
Re: Despite recent violence laws are softening.
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2009, 10:00:40 AM »
Done.

94% yes

6% no
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

1911 Junkie

• Top Forum Member
  • aka Mr 4000
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2009, 10:06:15 AM »
Done, I think.

Nothing seemed to happen when I clicked on the vote button.

Must have answered the question wrong. 8)
"I'd love to spit some Beechnut in that dudes eye and shoot him with my old .45"  Hank Jr.

tombogan03884

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2009, 10:54:55 AM »
Still 94 to 6, I was going to comment but that requires signing up which I did not wish to do, apparently everyone else feels the same way and let their vote make their point.

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1081
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2009, 11:25:30 AM »
Still  94% Yes to 6% No

"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Sponsor

Re: Despite recent violence laws are softening. "POLL"
« Reply #5 on: Today at 01:24:44 PM »

tfr270

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2009, 03:32:18 PM »
I dont' see softening gun laws here in California. There are two bills heading for approval...one regulates and restricts handgun ammunition purchasing the other prohibits gun shows in the San Francisco Cow Palace.

Kid Shelleen

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2009, 03:46:52 PM »
I'm still not sure about the future of our gun rights under the Obama Whitehouse. His Cabinet has got more anti gun supporters than you can shake a stick at, from Rahm Emanuel, to Eric Holder, to Obama himself and legions more. It seems that there are only two qualifications for an Obama apointee. You have to hate guns and to not pay your taxes.

Fortunately we won in Heller vs DC and the Supreme Court of our land upheld the right of the INDIVIDUAL to keep and bear arms.

I also think that there are enough "Blue Dog Democrats" out there to watch our backs. I'm sure that most of the Dems remember the fact that the primary reason that they lost control of Congress back in the 90's (for the first time in over 40 years) was because of the Clinton Assault Weapons Ban.

We are also fortunate that most of the gun laws in this country are reserved to the States.

It makes me glad that I'm a Texan.

As they say......From my cold dead hands!!!
“What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that the people preserve the spirit of resistance?”

Thomas Jefferson, 1787

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2009, 04:16:42 PM »
Kid, great name and avatar, and welcome aboard.

The biggest thing to watch for is that bho will not obey the law, or they will make their own law (ala the $2 trillion bailouts), he and his minions (and handlers) are cunning and will find a way around the Constitution and the laws on the books - including the Heller decision. IMHO, it will be through a must-sign treaty, probably through the UN, that once ratified by the Senate will supersede such inconvenient truths as the Bill of Rights, and the Heller decision. And it will not be blatant either, something along the lines of agreeing to follow future rules from the UN. And a year or so later - voila, a rule about no individual can own arms, only the state.

According to Gresham last week, there is evidence that the DoD is quietly destroying brass on site at Ft. Campbell and maybe Ft. Knox as well. I guess if you are a base commander and want to be promoted, well, you follow very quiet orders.

These will continue, the little snips, the gradual turning of the heater knob, just to make the final confiscation that much earlier. It's for the UN, you know.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

runstowin

• Thomas Jefferson: “Indeed, I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just”
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2009, 05:11:01 PM »
You have to hate guns and to not pay your taxes.

It makes me glad that I'm a Texan.

As they say......From my cold dead hands!!!

The taxes we pay are funding our own destruction.
Rights are like muscles, when they are not exercised they atrophy.

tombogan03884

« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2009, 06:34:56 PM »
I dont' see softening gun laws here in California. There are two bills heading for approval...one regulates and restricts handgun ammunition purchasing the other prohibits gun shows in the San Francisco Cow Palace.

Thing is, the Cow Palace legislation was pushed by the CITY of SF, but the Cow Palace is NOT in the CITY, It is in SF COUNTY.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk