Author Topic: Prayer for my wife and also my Uncle  (Read 34610 times)

ellis4538

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Prayer for my wife and also my Uncle
« Reply #100 on: February 10, 2010, 12:45:24 PM »
Thoughts and prayers will continue.

Richard
Used to be "The only thing to FEAR was FEAR ITSELF", nowadays "The only thing to FEAR is GETTING CAUGHT!"

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1078
« Reply #101 on: February 10, 2010, 06:10:01 PM »
Good News so far!!!

The initial consultation with the Radiology Oncologist showed a clear scan. We have another consultation with the chief oncologist in the morning for final plans on the radiation and he has to 'sign off' on the scan results after conferring with the other doctor we saw yesterday. Right now it is looking like 3 weeks of radiation (every day) instead of 5 weeks.
Between Amy and myself, we have been at doctors appointments every morning this week (3 for her and 2 for me).

Thanks one and all for the continuing prayers and well wishes....you guys are the best of the best.

Peg

"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

shooter32

• shooter32
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 41
« Reply #102 on: February 11, 2010, 08:25:09 AM »
Thanks for the update Peg!
A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have. ~ Gerald Ford - August 12, 1974

PegLeg45

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #103 on: February 12, 2010, 04:13:06 PM »
Well, she's all 'marked up' after the CT and radiation treatments will start next Monday. Fifteen treatments (everyday for three weeks) and it will only take about 15 minutes per treatment with minimum side effects.

My uncle had to go to the ER yesterday and was admitted with a heart rate of 180 bpm and an irregular rhythm. They were able to regulate it with meds and he has improved through the day and may get to come home later this evening or in the morning.

Thanks again to all for the continued prayer and support.

Peg
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

PegLeg45

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #104 on: March 07, 2010, 03:35:30 PM »
Well, Amy is done with treatments. She had her last radiation treatment Wednesday and the doctor said things looked very good and she had minimal side effects (very sore throat). So from now on it will be lifeport flushings and routine check-ups every month for a year or so. There will also be another PET Scan in 6 months. Right now she is still run down, and they said she will have to build strength slowly as it will not come back overnight. She gets out of breath quickly because the type of chemo she got really does a number on the pulmonary system.

All in all though, she is in very good shape....thanks to all the prayers and well-wishes from all you guys over the last 8 months. It has been a great 'spirit lifter' knowing that you were all here.
This place has been a big mood lifter for me and has kept me from being depressed.

Please keep my Uncle Jack in mind. The gamma knife treatment back before Christmas helped destroy the brain tumor, but the part of the brain that was destroyed along with it has left him without use of one side of his body. He has good days and bad, but on the whole, his condition has not improved much since December and I fear he has given up.

Thanks,

Chuck & Amy

Sponsor

« Reply #105 on: Today at 09:00:48 PM »

ellis4538

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #105 on: March 07, 2010, 06:57:32 PM »
Peg, thanks for the update.  Prayers will continue and your Uncle Jack will be added.

God Bless,

Richard
Used to be "The only thing to FEAR was FEAR ITSELF", nowadays "The only thing to FEAR is GETTING CAUGHT!"

jaybet

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member, DRTV Ranger, Guitar Player
    • Bluebone- Burnin' and Smokin'
  • Liked:
« Reply #106 on: March 07, 2010, 08:04:07 PM »
Our prayers and wishes for continued forward progress.
I got the blues as my companion.

www.bluebone.net

cooptire

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #107 on: March 07, 2010, 10:00:44 PM »
Peg, Glad to hear that things are looking good for Amy! On the flip side, I will continue the prayers for both her and Uncle Jack. I hope that he can see some progress and not lose hope.

God Bless.
"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined." Patrick Henry

1911 Junkie

• Top Forum Member
  • aka Mr 4000
  • Liked:
« Reply #108 on: March 27, 2010, 06:30:05 PM »
Glad to know that your wife is done with treatment. The hard part is over and now all she has to do is get stronger. It will come.

I'll keep you guys in my prayers.

Brett
"I'd love to spit some Beechnut in that dudes eye and shoot him with my old .45"  Hank Jr.

PegLeg45

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #109 on: March 27, 2010, 11:41:44 PM »
Guys,
An update on my Uncle Jack....I am saddened to say that he passed away peacefully around 7:00 Saturday evening. He had went downhill rapidly over the last month and his body was weary from the struggle. He went in his sleep, surrounded by family.
Next to my dad, he was the biggest influence in my life.
He was loved dearly and will be sorely missed.

Thanks to all for your prayers and God bless,

Chuck
(Peg)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk