Author Topic: Addendem to "HiPoint as Disposable Firearm"  (Read 24219 times)

dipisc

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Addendem to "HiPoint as Disposable Firearm"
« Reply #40 on: October 11, 2009, 08:29:29 AM »
Hello to all;

I have tried to find a HiPoint  .40 S$W carbine around my area and and none to be found in Dealer shops. I did e-mail the National Distributor of the carbines and he stated that HiPoint is planning/wanting to have more 9's and .40's made in 2010.

Tha purpose of the purchases is to have a Rifle and Pistol in the same caliber to carry  IF  the need in an emergency/event happens - with out the need to worry about caring 2 different caliber's of ammo.

One of my Nephews has a 9mm Carbine and love's it. I guess I'll have to get a 9mm Carbine also. Since he is married w/children - he hit's me up for ammo from time to time. I guess we will just have 1 or 2 more reloading parties in the future, but then also he has short hands  and  deep pockets ( LOL ).

Ping

• Top Forum Member
  • Glock Certified Armorer & NRA Certified Instructor
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: October 11, 2009, 09:18:22 PM »
Rob Pincus and I had discussed Hi-Points. He opened my eyes at different aspects of the firearm. I owned one and it was very accurate and dependable. If you want to buy one, buy one. I was happy with mine but would rather have the .40 SW Version. Got rid of almost all of my 9mm's and went to a higher caliber. Not cheap, but I think it was a good decision. The Hi-Point I sold was gone in a matter of hours. For the price, they are awesome. But I wonder what would happen after several 100 or several 1,000 rounds were sent down range? I would still like to purchase one in .40 Smith and Wesson. My 9mm was a tack driver.  :)

ericire12

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: October 12, 2009, 08:12:47 AM »
Rob Pincus and I had discussed Hi-Points. He opened my eyes at different aspects of the firearm. I owned one and it was very accurate and dependable. If you want to buy one, buy one. I was happy with mine but would rather have the .40 SW Version. Got rid of almost all of my 9mm's and went to a higher caliber. Not cheap, but I think it was a good decision. The Hi-Point I sold was gone in a matter of hours. For the price, they are awesome. But I wonder what would happen after several 100 or several 1,000 rounds were sent down range? I would still like to purchase one in .40 Smith and Wesson. My 9mm was a tack driver.  :)

Haz has a high volume of ammo through his, and he is a big supporter of Hi-Point........ I think the biggest draw back is their limited capacity.
Everything I needed to learn in life I learned from Country Music.

shooter32

• shooter32
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 41
« Reply #43 on: October 12, 2009, 09:21:45 AM »
Haz has a high volume of ammo through his, and he is a big supporter of Hi-Point........ I think the biggest draw back is their limited capacity.

I have one also, 9mm and have never had any problems.

+1 on the limited capacity.
A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have. ~ Gerald Ford - August 12, 1974

tombogan03884

« Reply #44 on: October 12, 2009, 11:52:48 AM »
It is great for a low income person who wants to protect themselves.
Like the so called "Saturday night specials"

Sponsor

« Reply #45 on: Today at 11:49:50 PM »

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1078
« Reply #45 on: October 12, 2009, 02:23:17 PM »
Hello to all;

I have tried to find a HiPoint  .40 S$W carbine around my area and and none to be found in Dealer shops. I did e-mail the National Distributor of the carbines and he stated that HiPoint is planning/wanting to have more 9's and .40's made in 2010.

Tha purpose of the purchases is to have a Rifle and Pistol in the same caliber to carry  IF  the need in an emergency/event happens - with out the need to worry about caring 2 different caliber's of ammo.

One of my Nephews has a 9mm Carbine and love's it. I guess I'll have to get a 9mm Carbine also. Since he is married w/children - he hit's me up for ammo from time to time. I guess we will just have 1 or 2 more reloading parties in the future, but then also he has short hands  and  deep pockets ( LOL ).

Solid idea, IMHO.

I have friend who is a LEO for a small town police department and their issued duty pistol is the Glock 22 (.40 S&W). He wanted a backup weapon that would augment his duty pistol, so he was approved to privately purchase a Kel-Tec rifle in .40 S&W. It uses the same magazines as his duty gun, and he keeps it folded in his duty bag on the front seat.

Do Hi-Point rifles use the same mags as the pistols?
That would be a bonus, to own one of each in the same calibers.

"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

shooter32

• shooter32
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 41
« Reply #46 on: October 12, 2009, 02:30:54 PM »

Nope.
A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have. ~ Gerald Ford - August 12, 1974

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: October 12, 2009, 02:31:07 PM »
Solid idea, IMHO.

I have friend who is a LEO for a small town police department and their issued duty pistol is the Glock 22 (.40 S&W). He wanted a backup weapon that would augment his duty pistol, so he was approved to privately purchase a Kel-Tec rifle in .40 S&W. It uses the same magazines as his duty gun, and he keeps it folded in his duty bag on the front seat.

No, Hi Point rifles do not use the same mags as the pistols.  One DUMB move if you ask me.
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1078
« Reply #48 on: October 12, 2009, 02:36:08 PM »
No, Hi Point rifles do not use the same mags as the pistols.  One DUMB move if you ask me.

Thanks, Haz........I had wondered.....looks like it would have been a simple choice when designing them. Might have even boosted sales for the very reason dipisc posted about.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: October 12, 2009, 02:38:13 PM »
Thanks, Haz........I had wondered.....looks like it would have been a simple choice when designing them. Might have even boosted sales for the very reason dipisc posted about.

I would have bought a carbine long ago if they would take same mag as the hand gun and if they had higher cap ones, too.
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk