Author Topic: Legal carry rounds in NJ  (Read 12206 times)

Fatman

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Legal carry rounds in NJ
« on: August 27, 2009, 05:54:24 PM »
For those of you who need to carry for work (other than LEO) or are fortunate enough to be amongst the lucky few to get a CCW in NJ, I have been informed by our firearms instructor that Federal EFMJ ammunition is legal in NJ. 

I asked him if I could carry my Judge - he just laughed and said it was outside of our size specs, but he thought " it sure would put the fear of God into any nitwits".  :)
Anti: I think some of you gentleman would choose to apply a gun shaped remedy to any problem or potential problem that presented itself? Your reverance (sic) for firearms is maintained with an almost religious zeal. The mind boggles! it really does...

Me: Naw, we just apply a gun-shaped remedy to those extreme life threatening situations that call for it. All the less urgent problems we're willing to discuss.

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
Re: Legal carry rounds in NJ
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2009, 06:20:32 PM »
When Col. Khadaffi (sp), shows up for his "tent" event, maybe some "shots" in the distance will help him sleep well....

You guys in NJ are on "short time" for CCW,... the anti gun politicians and their support groups keep getting re-elected, and chipping away...

How about a JHP's....

Plus, if you draw a firearm, in a threatening manner, even without firing a shot, that scared nitwit can have you arrested...

Brandishing to the terror of the public, or communication of threat with a firearm..

maybe even a few more, the "nitwit" laws in NJ aren't in a gun owners favor. :-\
Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

Bidah

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2009, 08:07:10 PM »
TW, JHP rounds are illegal in NJ.  They cause too many injuries, and are just deadlier than FMJ.  I am surprised that they even allow the EFMJ since it is expanding..

-Bidah
“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.”  The Doctor

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2009, 08:57:50 PM »
Are soft points or semi wadcutters ok?Biger hole and less pentration in say .45 acp or .357?
FQ13

jaybet

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member, DRTV Ranger, Guitar Player
    • Bluebone- Burnin' and Smokin'
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2009, 11:38:58 AM »
Not to start crap, but hollow point ammo IS legal in NJ. You can own it and you can shoot it at a range. I'm not sure about expanding jacket, but would assume it is the same.
The problem is that you are not permitted to shoot someone with hollow point. It is considered malicious intent because it may cause more damage than ball ammo. You would be prosecuted accordingly, even though LEO carries it for the same reason.
Also in NJ there is no castle doctrine. In order to legally shoot an intruder you must have retreated as far as is physically possible and then must be threatened with imminent death to fire on an intruder.

As far as CCW rights being eroded, they are already gone. NJ is MAY issue, which means, "No". Unless you know a judge an ordinary citizan cannot obtain CCW. Even retired LEO must jump through hoops and qualify twice a year to carry concealed.
I got the blues as my companion.

www.bluebone.net

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 07:16:31 PM »

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2009, 11:46:08 AM »
Not to start crap, but hollow point ammo IS legal in NJ. You can own it and you can shoot it at a range. I'm not sure about expanding jacket, but would assume it is the same.
The problem is that you are not permitted to shoot someone with hollow point. It is considered malicious intent because it may cause more damage than ball ammo. You would be prosecuted accordingly, even though LEO carries it for the same reason.
Also in NJ there is no castle doctrine. In order to legally shoot an intruder you must have retreated as far as is physically possible and then must be threatened with imminent death to fire on an intruder.

As far as CCW rights being eroded, they are already gone. NJ is MAY issue, which means, "No". Unless you know a judge an ordinary citizan cannot obtain CCW. Even retired LEO must jump through hoops and qualify twice a year to carry concealed.

Jay, when ya gonna come to America?  ;)

;D
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2009, 05:32:47 PM »
The problem is that you are not permitted to shoot someone with hollow point. It is considered malicious intent because it may cause more damage than ball ammo. You would be prosecuted accordingly,

The logic is since I have retreated, in my own home or business, >:( >:( >:(, and my life is about to end unless I do something, I want the BG LESS DEAD WITH FMJ??? As, opposed to MORE DEAD WITH JHP'S!!!

Time to defect Jay, leave quick before the brown shirts put a wall up,....
Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2009, 09:05:41 PM »
The problem is that you are not permitted to shoot someone with hollow point. It is considered malicious intent because it may cause more damage than ball ammo. You would be prosecuted accordingly,

The logic is since I have retreated, in my own home or business, >:( >:( >:(, and my life is about to end unless I do something, I want the BG LESS DEAD WITH FMJ??? As, opposed to MORE DEAD WITH JHP'S!!!

Time to defect Jay, leave quick before the brown shirts put a wall up,....
TW
Uhh, no offense brother, but remember where you live.WE'RE supposed to be the one's putting the wall up. Screw the Rio Grand, I want one at the Georga line before more Yankees come down and further screw up our gun laws. I tnink we can agree to take a smoke break when JBET comes across, but otherwise,stop dissing my wall. ;D
FQ13
PS I'm sure Tom is building his own at the southern border of NH

tombogan03884

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2009, 09:08:55 PM »
TW
Uhh, no offense brother, but remember where you live.WE'RE supposed to be the one's putting the wall up. Screw the Rio Grand, I want one at the Georga line before more Yankees come down and further screw up our gun laws. I tnink we can agree to take a smoke break when JBET comes across, but otherwise,stop dissing my wall. ;D
FQ13
PS I'm sure Tom is building his own at the southern border of NH

With barb wire and mines. leaving the west side open for Majer and Green Mountain Gringo, and I'll leave a gap for Tim  ;D

Fatman

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2009, 09:23:12 PM »

Naw, you're not starting crap, hollow point is as you say - ok to own, okay to transport directly to or from a range, unloaded and inaccessible and ok to shoot at the range. But you cannot carry openly or ccw using 'dum dums' (Jersey's terminology) unless you are a police officer. We as armed guards are prohibited from carrying hollow points, and we've been told the Troopers may check our mags for ammo type.
Anti: I think some of you gentleman would choose to apply a gun shaped remedy to any problem or potential problem that presented itself? Your reverance (sic) for firearms is maintained with an almost religious zeal. The mind boggles! it really does...

Me: Naw, we just apply a gun-shaped remedy to those extreme life threatening situations that call for it. All the less urgent problems we're willing to discuss.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk