Author Topic: Looking for 22lr pistol with many shots  (Read 4375 times)

Overload

• Lefty Expert
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Looking for 22lr pistol with many shots
« on: November 09, 2009, 04:44:26 PM »
Reading about the five-seven pistol and its 20 or 30 round magazines, I was wondering if anyone makes a 22lr semi-auto pistol with magazines that big? (Ruger Charger doesn't count)  It just seems that most of the popular 22lr pistols have around 10 round in their magazines.  I'm thinking of something hand sized, not a big gun like a Tec-22.
We have seen the future: and it's expensive. -Michael Bane
Home of the Tickle Me Pamela Anderson. -Michael Bane
Weasels are the switchblade-carrying psychos of the animal world, the meanest creatures on the planet by aggression-level-to-body-weight ratio. -Marko Kloos

Overload in Colorado

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 471
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

WatchManUSA

• NRA Life Member - Join the NRA!
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
Re: Looking for 22lr pistol with many shots
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2009, 04:58:50 PM »
Jonathan Arthur Ciener, Inc. makes some Hi-cap .22lr mags for conversion kits for some guns.  My guess the rarity of over 10 round .22lr mags for pistols might be a feed problem but that is pure guess.

http://www.22lrconversions.com/
"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it, misdiagnosing it and then misapplying the wrong remedies." (Groucho Marx)

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1149
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

seeker_two

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2009, 05:37:08 PM »
Ruger Charger can take all the 10-22 banana mags & drum mags....
Why, yes....I'm the right-wing extremist Obama warned you about... ;D

I just wish Texas was as free and independent as everyone thinks it is...   :'(

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 12:45:03 AM »

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2009, 05:37:14 PM »
Ultimate self defense weapon according to some experts.  ;)
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1149
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2009, 05:40:32 PM »
Ultimate self defense weapon according to some experts badgers.  ;)
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2009, 05:44:41 PM »
Much as I like pickin' on BM, not exactly who I had in mind. ;)
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

Michael Bane

• Global Moderator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Host & Editor-in-chief
    • michaelBane.tv
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2009, 05:48:59 PM »
Once read that the Japanese were working on some trick ultralite .22 subgun back in the 1970s...woulda been nice if it had come to fruition and we could'a gotten a Hello Kitty version with a 250-round drum...

Get a Charger, a Tac-Sol suppressed barrel, a Laser Genertics target designator and a bunch of 50 round banana mags, then hole up in your saferoom and return fire while watching TV or listening to your iPod...

Michael B

PS: Nearly impossible to get big .22 mags to feed...just watch American 180 shooters at Knob Creek!
Michael Bane, Majordomo @ MichaelBane.TV

Overload

• Lefty Expert
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2009, 06:29:21 PM »
Michael, I was just thinking of the Ft Hood shooting, and the advantage of having many rounds in a handgun, vs the disadvantages of a small cartridge.  I have a Para p18-9, and know of some USPSA guns holding nearly 30 rounds of major power loads.  I was also trying to think of other mass shootings done with a .22.

Overload in CO
Mall Ninja in Training
We have seen the future: and it's expensive. -Michael Bane
Home of the Tickle Me Pamela Anderson. -Michael Bane
Weasels are the switchblade-carrying psychos of the animal world, the meanest creatures on the planet by aggression-level-to-body-weight ratio. -Marko Kloos

Overload in Colorado

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk