Author Topic: GLOCK COPIES M&P  (Read 17790 times)

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: GLOCK COPIES M&P
« Reply #40 on: December 18, 2009, 07:46:43 PM »
Looks like the consumer wins. Toned down the finger grooves, gave it an adjustable backstrap, narrowed the overall "girth" of the grip, and changed the stippling of the grip itself.

I'll take a G22 anytime.
Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

ericire12

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
UPDATE: GLOCK COPIES M&P
« Reply #41 on: December 20, 2009, 01:15:08 PM »
UPDATE: Pricing released

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2009/12/21/glock-gen-4-pricing-dealer-leo-and-msrp/

Looks like there will be a premium with these MSRPs Yikes! $700+

*There are other pics at the link. The LEO pricing sheet states that they will be shipping with three mags
Everything I needed to learn in life I learned from Country Music.

fullautovalmet76

« Reply #42 on: December 20, 2009, 03:17:58 PM »
Hey Eric,
I talked to a friend of mine at the local gun shop today who has fired a Gen 4 G22 and he confirms what you have posted. I asked about the change in the recoil spring and he said that it was there and it made a noticeable difference. He said he liked the texture on the new gun. I asked about old mags working in the new guns and he wasn't sure if they were compatible. However, the new style mags will work in the older generation Glocks.

He's a big HK fan (P30 to be exact). I asked him if he would "lower" himself to buy a Glock when the new generation comes out, and he said "yes" with a sheepish grin. I told him the P30 would not mind that he was fondling that "trailer trash" from Smyrna.....  ;)

ericire12

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: December 23, 2009, 01:17:38 PM »
UPDATE: Gen 4's in stock

http://www.edspublicsafety.com/

Ed's Public Safety in Stockbridge GA has Gen 4 Model 22's in Stock. Check out the pictures on the Ed's Facebook page:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/edspublicsafetycom/147550831588?ref=nf
generation 4 pistols in stock. If you want to be the first one on the
block with the latest glock pistol; We've got you covered.

ericire12

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: December 24, 2009, 07:09:32 AM »

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2009/12/25/glock-gen4-unveiled/

Glock will cease sales of the 3rd Generation and RTF models.

Sponsor

« Reply #45 on: Today at 06:55:19 AM »

MikeO

• Very Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #45 on: December 31, 2009, 02:32:25 PM »
Why is Glock messing w "Perfection"?

Cuzz the local city, county, and state went from Glocks in 9/40/357 to M&Ps. Along w Detroit and too many others for Glock.

Another reason is stuff like:

New Weapon System
Solicitation Number: DJA09S000028
Agency: Department of Justice
Office: Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms (ATF)

https://www.fbo.gov/index?print_preview=1&s=opportunity&mode=form&id=578264fe160f0d57ccfed067b8857d0f&tab=core&tabmode=list&cck=1&au=&ck=

Maybe 500,000 pistols over 10 yrs. Read the specs. Glock is Ok as is, but would do better as will be.  

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #46 on: December 31, 2009, 03:52:32 PM »
Thanks MikoO, Q&A section of the link, question 3 states "At 25yds, must have 2" group at Point of Aim, mechanical zeroing method used, with ATF approved ammo."

G22 please.....

::)

Cuzz the local city, county, and state went from Glocks in 9/40/357 to M&Ps. Along w Detroit and too many others for Glock.

Just the evolution of two great pistol platforms. Did I mention here on the last day of the year, that I LOVE my M+P .40?

and my G21 45ACP,.... ;D
Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

Rob10ring

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: January 03, 2010, 08:48:48 PM »
I just got the new Glock annual and I'm glad that the changes were as subtle as they are. All of my Glocks already fit my adaptable hands, but I'm interested to see what the new magazine release is like. I don't need another 22, but the 17 is on the heels of it and my lefty wife could use one of these.

ericire12

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #48 on: January 11, 2010, 02:42:51 PM »
UPDATE: This guy says he has already bought one ($398.20 - North Florida)

http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1169028

BAC

« Reply #49 on: January 11, 2010, 03:17:39 PM »
Here's a crazy thought.  If they have interchangeable back straps, why not interchangeable front straps?  That way you could choose to have finger grooves, or not.  Huh?  Huh?  Genius, right?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk